MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide for User and Guest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plugin: Hide From Guests

Another plugin developed by me for myBB 1.4 updated to work with 1.6 and 1.8

Description: The content of the posts is hidden from guests and/or selected groups of users
Instead of the content will show  a selectable number of characters plus a link to login or register pages. 
It is also hiding: links, attachments, quote, images, signatures, code... everything is selectable.
 The user groups and forums are selectable from AdminCP, you can have one user group or many or all same for forums. 

How to install: Copy provided files in your forum root Multiple language files are available on request: hebrew, indonesia, arabic, etc. 

After installing Hide from Guest v 3.0, you can activate it from the setting section of the AdminCP
Set the user groups and forums for witch do you want the things hidden. 
Beside the message body all the other are independent so you can choose to hide only one or two .. or everything 
If used the hide contents of the post will hide everything and will leave visible only the number of characters set by you. This means the links, images, signatures, attachments... will be hidden by default

Test forum: Test it here
License: License[/color]
Download: Download

You can test it as guest or
username: test_activ
password: abcd1234
It works only on the hide guest test forum.
Finally is on this site.

Everything from the above post is still valid.
Now the plugin can be downloaded also from: The  Mod Site 
Thank you for your contribution.

One question though, what is the following suppose to achieve?
preg_replace("/pid/i", "", $post['pid']);
preg_replace("/pid/i", "", $announcement['pid']);

If $post['pid'] is not available I would assume it is not a valid already-created post/announcement.
(2018-10-26, 08:09 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your contribution.

One question though, what is the following suppose to achieve?
preg_replace("/pid/i", "", $post['pid']);
preg_replace("/pid/i", "", $announcement['pid']);

If $post['pid'] is not available I would assume it is not a valid already-created post/announcement.

It should be OK because the pid of an announcement is "" or at least it is how it show in html page of the forum. I see is also an "aid, but it doesn't show in the page and the announcement is still in a <postbit> container.
Please let me know if I am wrong and I will do the necessary changes.
Your plugin need update code does not hide with latest mybb 1820  Confused
(2019-04-13, 08:46 PM)M!X0R Wrote: [ -> ]Your plugin need update code does not hide with latest mybb 1820  Confused

I will look in to it and post an update as soon as I will figure it out.
(2019-04-16, 03:31 PM)thor2705 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-13, 08:46 PM)M!X0R Wrote: [ -> ]Your plugin need update code does not hide with latest mybb 1820  Confused

I will look in to it and post an update as soon as I will figure it out.

Does the plugin work for the latest mybb release?
hi Does is working for the lastversion of mybb and If i understand Is only hide and ask to login to see ? does is possible to just hide and Lets a message like you need to be Vip Group to access ?

and Only Allow Vip group To Access ?

i Would like to know this plugins like to be Better does is working ?

https://community.mybb.com/thread-76942-...pid1355290