MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2018-10-15, 04:43 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 04:30 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]It seems nice Justin, I hope the focus is on mobile friendliness as well Smile

The forum has not changed yet. It's mybb.com that changed.
What I feel is that there are a few quite small changes across forum as well such as
- Small css changes in the forums, in font is changed as well
- The main header is sticky and it is following the style of MyBB.com (I remember is jekyll based)
- Menubar looks changed and footer as well with mybb twitter and github links
- Multiple Groups are displayed for some Users
- Some more changes I might not have checked based on quick look.

This is not MyBB 1.9 theme and I believe this is temporary addition of header and footer before the actual MyBB 1.9 Smile
About time seeing some changes lol, looking forward to seeing more changes. Smile
The layout and few css changes not looking bad.
UserCP is showing text being out of alignment.

See the screenshot.

[Image: bd0a216c74afc5c55a65834ea3818958.png]
(2018-10-16, 04:14 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]What I feel is that there are a few quite small changes across forum as well such as
- The main header is sticky and it is following the style of MyBB.com (I remember is jekyll based)

All of these changes were done so that the forums match the new website design, just like it matched the previous website design. Even after this forum is upgraded to 1.9, there will be differences from the default theme to accommodate the MyBB.com design, mainly in the header and footer. I also want to note that moving forward we do plan to use additional plugins on this forum. The MyBB Community Forums are not intended to be a demo of a base MyBB install.

The "multiple groups" listed here aren't actually MyBB user groups but are based on the roles listed on the About the Team page. There is a custom plugin used to pull the roles and team member information directly from the MyBB website.
(2018-10-16, 02:16 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-16, 04:14 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]What I feel is that there are a few quite small changes across forum as well such as

All of these changes were done so that the forums match the new website design, just like it matched the previous website design. Even after this forum is upgraded to 1.9, there will be differences from the default theme to accommodate the MyBB.com design, mainly in the header and footer. I also want to note that moving forward we do plan to use additional plugins on this forum. The MyBB Community Forums are not intended to be a demo of a base MyBB install.

The "multiple groups" listed here aren't actually MyBB user groups but are based on the roles listed on the About the Team page. There is a custom plugin used to pull the roles and team member information directly from the MyBB website.

Yes and they are quite good changes Smile
(2018-10-16, 11:45 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]UserCP is showing text being out of alignment.

See the screenshot.

I tryed to report this few years ago...
https://community.mybb.com/thread-168429.html
(2018-10-22, 10:38 AM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-16, 11:45 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]UserCP is showing text being out of alignment.

See the screenshot.

I tryed to report this few years ago...
https://community.mybb.com/thread-168429.html

It is because in the mysupport plugin. It  uses individual icons and not a sprite and without those in the images/usercp and images/modcp folders it will show this issue. 

For usercp:

[attachment=41135] mysupport_assigned.png

[attachment=41136] mysupport_support.png

.usercp_nav_support_threads {
	background: url(images/usercp/mysupport_support.png) no-repeat left center;
}

.usercp_nav_assigned_threads {
	background: url(images/usercp/mysupport_assigned.png) no-repeat left center;
}

For modcp:

Same issue it needs icon in images/modcp

[attachment=41137] mysupport_technical.png

.modcp_nav_tech_threads {
	background: url(images/modcp/mysupport_technical.png) no-repeat left center;
}

NOTE:

** Uploading those images is the solution /  fix as is.

*** or the css will have to be modified to utilize items  from the sprites.

Example:

.usercp_nav_support_threads {
	padding-left: 40px;
	background-position: 0 -200px;
}

.usercp_nav_assigned_threads {
	padding-left: 40px;
	background-position: 0 -200px;
}

Though, I suggest not to do so and simply use the plugin images as intended rather than modify for sprites due to the length of the nav items titles for the 2 items perhaps causing issues using the left padding and sub pencil item in sprite not to mention it makes it appear like sub items of subscriptions if you use said sprite item.

**** Attached below are the missing icons mentioned from the mysupport plugin for images folders /usercp and /modcp in a .zip file Upload.zip

[attachment=41139]
I'm just wondering if it would be worth the plugin you're using to display the user ranks also do some lifting on https://community.mybb.com/showteam.php to display in an order the members of the team.

Managment
Dev
Support
Community
Web
etc

With leaders of each team at the top of the list.

I just think it'd be neater.
Yeah, the MySupport icons have been broken for a while, and there are quite a few other ones only visible to staff too that are broken. If I get a chance, I'll try and remember to fix them.

@Ben: I wonder if it's simply easier to just redirect that page to https://mybb.com/about/team/
(2018-10-29, 12:39 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]@Ben: I wonder if it's simply easier to just redirect that page to https://mybb.com/about/team/

Probably.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7