MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send a PM to select usergroups if new user has matching IP to previous user.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plugin Request: Send a private message to selected usergroups when a new user registers with a previously banned/registered IP.

Plugin Options:
Toggle Plugin
Yes/No
Description: self-explanatory...

Select usergroups to receive automated registration PMs:
Usergroup Selection
Description: Allows the administrator to select usergroups which receive the automated PM (Admin, staff)

Send PM on registration of previously banned user?
Yes/No
Description: Will send a PM to selected usergroups along the lines of...

A new user has registered with the same IP address as {$previously_banned_user}.
{$registered_ip}, banned for {$previous_ban_reason}(if admin chooses, or not.)

Send PM on registration of user matching another user's IP?
Yes/No
Description: Will send a PM to selected usergroups along the lines of...

A new user has registered with the same IP address as {$same_ip_user}.
{$registered_ip}

Thanks.
Honestly, if I had banned an IP address, it was for a good reason.

I would NEVER permit another user, regardless of the reason, to register under a banned IP address.

Permitting multiple user accounts under the same IP address is bad practice. Just don't do it.
(2018-10-18, 08:59 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, if I had banned an IP address, it was for a good reason.

I would NEVER permit another user, regardless of the reason, to register under a banned IP address.

Permitting multiple user accounts under the same IP address is bad practice. Just don't do it.

your usage is not the same as mine. thanks but why are you posting?
Should be relatively easy to do. May look into it when I get home... What then happens if there’s bot registrations under x amount of IPs? You could potentially get hundreds of PMs.
(2018-10-18, 10:58 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Should be relatively easy to do. May look into it when I get home... What then happens if there’s bot registrations under x amount of IPs? You could potentially get hundreds of PMs.

I guess that's the risk I run. Only other thing I'm thinking is after 'x' registrations in 'x' period of time (1440 minutes/1day for example), the IP is banned permanently.
(2018-10-18, 10:58 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Should be relatively easy to do. May look into it when I get home... What then happens if there’s bot registrations under x amount of IPs? You could potentially get hundreds of PMs.

Did you code this or make a start? If not I'll make a start on this sometime this week.
Message me if you have a github (private) for this plugin.
(2018-10-23, 10:09 AM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you code this or make a start? If not I'll make a start on this sometime this week.

I haven’t, go for it.
(2018-10-23, 10:52 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]

I haven’t, go for it.

I'll make a start for it, I'll throw up a private github and send you an invite. It's about time we actually got the collaboration done.
(2018-10-23, 12:20 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-23, 10:52 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]

I haven’t, go for it.

I'll make a start for it, I'll throw up a private github and send you an invite. It's about time we actually got the collaboration done.

Yesss, hit me up on Discord when the repo is made.
I've created this plugin and delivered it to OP.