MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post title length
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
please how can i increase the length of the title of my forum's posts or the thread subject length........... thanks
I presume you mean in latest threads. In portal.php the title is truncated to 25 characters by this code:

if(my_strlen($thread['subject']) > 25)
		{
			$thread['subject'] = my_substr($thread['subject'], 0, 25) . "...";
		}

So you can either remove that section of code and have a thread title that is not truncated, or you can increase the value of 25 to a higher value.

Lines 420 - 423.
(2018-10-18, 04:20 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I presume you mean in latest threads. In portal.php the title is truncated to 25 characters by this code:

if(my_strlen($thread['subject']) > 25)
		{
			$thread['subject'] = my_substr($thread['subject'], 0, 25) . "...";
		}

So you can either remove that section of code and have a thread title that is not truncated, or you can increase the value of 25 to a higher value.

Lines 420 - 423.

length of subject title in the image below
How long do you want it to be ? i check the database now and see that the thread subject field is varchar (120)

you could edit the database field directly with phpMyAdmin.
(2018-10-18, 01:43 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]How long do you want it to be ? i check the database now and see that the thread subject field is varchar (120)

please how do i get there

(2018-10-18, 02:01 PM)Christineg5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-18, 01:43 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]How long do you want it to be ? i check the database now and see that the thread subject field is varchar (120)

please how do i get there

i am phpmyadmin in my control panel cant find varchar
Through your host control panel. You have to go to the database, and there will be an option to access the database via phpMyAdmin.

Once in, you find the mybb_threads table, and edit the subject field. Warning! you need to make a backup before you proceed with this.
(2018-10-18, 02:08 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Through your host control panel. You have to go to the database, and there will be an option to access the database via phpMyAdmin.

Once in, you find the mybb_threads table, and edit the subject field. Warning! you need to make a backup before you proceed with this.

nothing came up in mybb_threads
subject is there, i can see it in your screenshot. You have to select it, then edit it.
(2018-10-18, 02:20 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]subject is there, i can see it in your screenshot. You have to select it, then edit it.

please how canĀ i changeĀ  the subject title's length
Pages: 1 2