MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Access forbidden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I have an issue; I am trying to save a description in a forum with the following code:

Think you have what it got to become a staff member? Apply here! <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong> (You can only see your own 
threads in this section.) </strong></span> <span style="color: Green;"><strong>[OPEN]</strong></span>

But whenever I do, I get the following error message:

Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

I can save the description if I do it without the code and just plain text. Any idea why this is happening, and if the code won't work. Any other way to get colors in the forum description?
looks like mod_security is affecting. see related guidance (also applicable for MyBB 1.8.x)

if you have access to mod_security at your web host panel then it might be better to turn it off.
if you do not have the access then contact your web host support.
(2018-10-18, 09:26 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like mod_security is affecting. see related guidance (also applicable for MyBB 1.8.x)

if you have access to mod_security at your web host panel then it might be better to turn it off.
if you do not have the access then contact your web host support.

Thank you! that solved it Smile