MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Builder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey readers,

So what I have in mind is something that will set MyBB apart from all the other forums. 
I believe that the most important factor is customization when it comes to forums. MyBB should provide the very base in which the users would customize it to their own liking.

Now I can imagine that the idea is very very difficult and will take alot of time but I think in the end it will be worth it.

What if we make an UI that is capable to build your own forums with ease? 
A MyBB Forum Builder Option with a drag-and-drop system. 

What does this mean?
It will go into a userface in which the forum can be build to your own liking. 
No need for the old difficult Admin CP with adding forums and categories, givinng it an order ID.
You just simply press the forum section and drag it to whatever position you'd like. Or perhaps drag a whole categorie including all the forums to where you like. 

A + (plus) sign that on the very top to add categories. In each category there will be a + (plus) sign to add a forum.
There will be customization options for everything in a legend form. Want to change the color of categories? Simply press the category bar to edit it or find it in the legend.
Want to change the layout of user detail in posts? Drag the user to the side of the post or ontop to change the layout.
Want to add a side panel? Simply click one side of the the forums and it will show what you can add, all you need to do is drag it to the side you want.
Want to change the announcement bar? Simply click on it and change the text/color/whatever. 

No need to go into admincp and find the right template plus the specific code to change things.

Like I said it is crazy how difficult it would be but once it is setup you got something big. I can also see that plugin creators would easily allow their plugins to be used into the MyBB Forum Builder.