MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: uploaded Avatars not displayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I just started this forum, I have showed up. I am a newbie at this, so if I have to change something, give me a full path etc...

Problem:
Avatars will not display when using the upload file system.
URL images work fine.
On the avatar page on the user CP, if the image doesn't display after "change avatar" sequence, it doesn't show up anywhere.

I checked the ./uploads/avatars folder and saw 3 files there, one of which matches the one seen from the source code on my user cp page: http://weatherdonut.com/uploads/avatars/...1539901889 the others are from other members who tried to upload theirs from our former blog that died because GoDaddy wouldn't let us renew the domain... (the owner of it passed away) so I made a new one using MyBB and everyone likes it, so thanks to the creators of it.

I checked the system health and these files are writable:
Configuration File
./inc/config.php
Writable
Settings File
./inc/settings.php
Writable
File Uploads Directory
./uploads
Writable
./uploads/avatars
Writable
Language Files
./inc/languages
Writable
Backups Directory
./admin/backups
Writable
Cache Directory
./cache
Writable
Themes Directory
./cache/themes
Writable

I have all the switches on for displaying avatars but only the URL type display.

Can I get some advice on this?

Thanks in advance!
I generally have to hard refresh after an upload to see the image.
(2018-10-19, 01:47 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]I generally have to hard refresh after an upload to see the image.

How does one go about doing a "hard refresh"?

(In the real world it would be taking a shower and using bar soap.)
I restarted nginx, but that's because I knew how to do that. It had no effect, but that was one of the things I tried.

By the way, this is a new board using Mysql, PHP7.2 nginx and the latest MYBB.
Everything else works.
No plug-ins, no altered code. It's brand new out-of-the-box.

I know it has to be something simple. Nobody else is having the same problem.
Hard refresh your browser or clear cache. Do a quick search online on how to hard refresh your browser application (chrome/firefox/etc). I know I chrome I can hold down ctrl and click the refresh button.
I switched to Edge and still got the same thing. Where the image should be is the placeholder and it shows the code with the server location.
When I right click on the picture in FF and choose "Inspect Element"
It highlights the code and the embedded URL of the image file for the avatar in the http://weatherdonut.com/uploads/avatars/avatar_36.jpg?.... and a quotation box hovers over the code and says "could not load the image" This is the image placeholder in the user CP
I also cleared cookies etc.
Also, 24 members from all over have the same issue. Even some who just joined minutes ago.
With your forum being closed, don't expect much help. Nobody can see what's going on.
(2018-10-20, 03:33 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]With your forum being closed, don't expect much help. Nobody can see what's going on.

Yes, it is a bother. Check your pm, I gave you a key to the front door, come in and look around.
By your response, I am ascertaining that this problem is not on the books.

Feel free to ask me anything, I made this from a blank droplet myself. If you need admin to check the settings let me know.

Thanks.
(2018-10-20, 04:01 AM)sazzbot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-20, 03:33 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]With your forum being closed, don't expect much help. Nobody can see what's going on.

Yes, it is a bother. Check your pm, I gave you a key to the front door, come in and look around.
By your response, I am ascertaining that this problem is not on the books.

Feel free to ask me anything, I made this from a blank droplet myself. If you need admin to check the settings let me know.

Thanks.

Well, nevermind. I just changed the deny all, to allow all.
Now it works, I mean it did.
The site was up and working all day now it isn't connecting to the server....
But that's a post for another forum.....
The website is completely down on my end? What have you changed?