MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do I execute my new forum after installation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed MyBB and it says it has done it correctly.

The files are in a sub-directory of public_html called 'forums'

When I enter the domain name plust /forums/  all I get is an index of the forums directory

What must I do to show the forum itself?
Link to forum please.
Looks like hosting issues that need to be sorted out first.
The index.php file is missing.

http://www.attrill.co.za/forums/index.php

You will probably benefit from reuploading all MyBB files excluding the install folder (since it has already been installed).

You could also try to take a look at file verification in your admin CP since I can see that that is there (or at least the index/login portion is). I’m not sure if that will tell you what is missing or not?

Should find it by navigating to Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification (click yes on the yellow box that pops up).
www.yoursitename.com/admin/index.php?module=tools-file_verification
(2018-10-20, 04:16 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]The index.php file is missing.

http://www.attrill.co.za/forums/index.php

You will probably benefit from reuploading all MyBB files excluding the install folder (since it has already been installed).

You could also try to take a look at file verification in your admin CP since I can see that that is there (or at least the index/login portion is). I’m not sure if that will tell you what is missing or not?

Should find it by navigating to Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification (click yes on the yellow box that pops up).
www.yoursitename.com/admin/index.php?module=tools-file_verification

I have a download of the database so should I reinstall MyBB from scratch?  The database has been restored to the SQL database using phpmyadmin already.  Should I delete all the files on the new installation first?
What version of MyBB is your database? and do you have a file backup also?

You should not have to reinstall if you are trying to restore, but it might depend on above factors.

If you are trying to restore, check your inc\config.php, your database info is stored there.