MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ipaddresses recording incorrectly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, when users post, their ipaddress isn't being recorded in the database correctly under "mybb_posts.uid". This applies to both Quick Reply AND Full Reply. Yet, when someone starts a new thread the ipaddress records just fine.

To give an idea, from top to bottom these posts are in this order: a First Post, a Quick Reply and a Full Reply. I've blotted out the "true" IP of the user for anonymity's sake.

[Image: SLicH4F.png]

Due to ongoing renovations of the forum's main theme and overall structure of things (it's a pretty old forum so it has a LOT of posts I need to organize), I'd rather not open the forum to the public yet so I'll only link if it proves necessary.

The forum's current version is 1.8.19 with MySQLi 10.2.17 and PHP 7.0.32. It was upgraded recently but I don't recall what version it was before apart from also being a 1.8 install that didn't suffer from this problem to the best of my knowledge.

Disabling All Plugins via the General Config option in the ACP doesn't make a difference, but in case it's relevant installed and activated plugins are:
Template Editor (1.0) by Cake and Edited By ATofighi
Email Admin about new members (2.1.0) by Malte Gerth
OUGC Awards (1.8.3) by Omar G.
Like System (2.0.0) by euantor
Spoiler BBCode (1.6) by Sephiroth
Upcoming Events (1.31) by Lorus
XThreads (1.68) by ZiNgA BuRgA

I'm willing to share the code in Templates or PHP files if it proves necessary, along with anything else it takes to solve this problem outside of database or FTP access. If you need something done in there, just tell me and I'll take care of it.
There are two things I would like to know :-
1. Are you behind cloudflare or any other firewall like succri ?
2. Have you enabled Scrutinize IP address in MyBB Settings in Admin Panel ?

It is difficult to say anything unless anyone can debug this. I will suggest sharing URL with MyBB staff with a temporary login.