MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dumb down ACP for non-technical admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to dumb down some settings in the ACP? Basically a 'subadmin' usergroup that is intended for a non-technical person. Where said group has the techy settings disabled, blocked, or hidden.

What I am trying to do is making ACP for subadmins not mind-bogging by making some Board settings should only be used by developers.

While it is possible to edit some admin permissions in the Admin Permissions, some settings are still fullblown displayed, lets say Configuration>Settings.

Thanks!!
The permissions you’re referring to are done categorically. You’re not asking for the ACP to be dumbed down you’re asking for their to be individual permissions for each group of settings. This can be achieved using a custom plugin, which I don’t think exists yet.
Non technical persons should not be allowed in the ACP - make them a moderator or put them in another group with scaled down rights and permissions.
(2018-10-23, 02:29 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Non technical persons should not be allowed in the ACP - make them a moderator or put them in another group with scaled down rights and permissions.

I have a default super moderator group that is able to do user-side administrative tasks. But they are not able to do more than what I need them to be i.e. Able to add Word Filters, access to Forum Management / Manage Awaiting Activation / and some itsy bitsy stuff that are normally in a fullblown admin user-
For managing activation there's plugins which do not require acp access:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=154
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=421

if you want to enable moderators to edit badwords, that should be manageable with a custom plugin or a custom made page (page manager plugin; restricting access to the page to certain usergroups as seen fit).

Don't give acp access to people who don't know what they are doing or where you feel they shouldn't be in the acp.
Agrees with Ashley's post #3.

However, the best option would be to do what justice41 stated in post #4.

I was going to recommend the same idea.

Or... put that user as Administrator. Look at this screenshot and you can see how it is done.

[Image: 6f51d41cf3f479b0fae63a06b8acd8b6.png]