MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for a plugin that can lock certain boards to specific custom userfields?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For example, I'd like to ability to decide if a forum is locked to everyone unless they have a specific custom userfield set.

My site is a roleplaying forum, and we have certain level-able "skills". If we have someone with "Fighting" skill, and their mastery level is "x" I'd like to allow them to access a set list of specific boards.

Let me know if this is possible, and what you'd charge!
(2018-10-23, 10:26 PM)dcamire11 Wrote: [ -> ]For example, I'd like to ability to decide if a forum is locked to everyone unless they have a specific custom userfield set.

My site is a roleplaying forum, and we have certain level-able "skills". If we have someone with "Fighting" skill, and their mastery level is "x" I'd like to allow them to access a set list of specific boards.

Why can't you setup forums based on usergroups with permissions settings?
(2018-10-24, 02:08 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-23, 10:26 PM)dcamire11 Wrote: [ -> ]For example, I'd like to ability to decide if a forum is locked to everyone unless they have a specific custom userfield set.

Why can't you setup forums based on usergroups with permissions settings?

I'm sure I could, but I don't want to alter my usergroups right now. I have over 2,500 members I'd need to edit. I'd like to pay for a plugin that uses custom profile fields instead, as this is much easier for me - and I'm offering money for someone to code this for more. Thank you, though.
Already Coded and sent the Plugin to OP Smile