MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to view your database information.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me provide a little back story before I dive deeper into this.

So, I have a site set up to a free hosting site. *It used to be free* (Hostinger) I forgot both my email and password for the site. So, I'm seeing if there's any way possible, through MyBB, that I can view my MySQL database name, host, etc. 

If I have this information, they might be able to find my account's email that I used with it. If they can do that, I can do as I wish with my site.

*No I cannot login to the FTP server -- I do not know the credentials to do so.
*Contacting Hostinger would be useless as they probably wouldn't believe me.

Thanks,
Zane.
if you cannot login to acp then browse to your admin account and submit an email. probably your only hope.
(2018-10-30, 03:18 AM)Zaneman122 Wrote: [ -> ]So, I have a site set up to a free hosting site. *It used to be free* (Hostinger) I forgot both my email and password for the site.
Do you mean the hosting account or your MyBB superadmin account?

(2018-10-30, 03:18 AM)Zaneman122 Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm seeing if there's any way possible, through MyBB, that I can view my MySQL database name, host, etc. 
If you have ACP access, you can see a lot but not all. You can see the admin Email in the settings, but will that tell you which email you used for your hosting account?

The database name, path and password, however, are not accessible through the ACP in a standard installation (you'd need to have some plugin which you cannot install now without ftp access). This information is stored in the /inc/config.php file on the server which you can only access through ftp/ssh.

For the database itself: You can create a database backup that you can download and extract everything you need from it. Or use as the basis for a new installation elsewhere.

(2018-10-30, 03:18 AM)Zaneman122 Wrote: [ -> ]If I have this information, they might be able to find my account's email that I used with it. If they can do that, I can do as I wish with my site.
Which information exactly do you (think you) need?
Your hosting account mail? If that's what you set as admin mail, you ought to be able to see that mail e.g. in notifications or when you use the "contact us" link.

(2018-10-30, 03:18 AM)Zaneman122 Wrote: [ -> ]*No I cannot login to the FTP server -- I do not know the credentials to do so.
*Contacting Hostinger would be useless as they probably wouldn't believe me.
Have you tried? Don't preempt it, try first!
Your hosting account credentials are not stored anywhere in MyBB database or config files.
deleted
As mentioned by previous comments the only way to potentially save your data is logging into the ACP and creating a full site backup, which you can restore your site from. I'd second Linguist's comment about contacting Hostinger first, reaching out to them would be your best bet.
(2020-10-19, 05:18 PM)R34P3R Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned by previous comments the only way to potentially save your data is logging into the ACP and creating a full site backup, which you can restore your site from. I'd second Linguist's comment about contacting Hostinger first, reaching out to them would be your best bet.

Not aware of any native tool in mybb which does a full site backup.  Database yes - files no.  

Perhaps I'm mistaken...