MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ReCaptcha not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried enabling the build in Recaptcha function, using the keys provided by Google for my forum URL www.nzarchitecture.net.nz.

When I select the 'NoCaptcha ReCaptcha' image verification mode, anyone who is not a registered user and who clicks 'Post' is greeted with ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key  in the ReCaptcha dialogue.

When I switch image verification mode to Recaptcha Invisible, clicking the 'Post' button as an unregistered user simply does nothing - not even an error message.

I have double and triple checked, and the public and private keys are exactly correct as pasted from google reCaptcha page for the forum domain.

The correct forum domain is also definitely showing on the Google Recaptcha page

What is going wrong?
 Is this a known bug?

The MyBB default Image verification still works normally, but I was hoping to use reCaptcha since that seems to be recommended
(2018-10-30, 05:48 AM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried enabling the build in Recaptcha function, using the keys provided by Google for my forum URL www.nzarchitecture.net.nz.

When I select the 'NoCaptcha ReCaptcha' image verification mode, anyone who is not a registered user and who clicks 'Post' is greeted with ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key  in the ReCaptcha dialogue.

When I switch image verification mode to Recaptcha Invisible, clicking the 'Post' button as an unregistered user simply does nothing - not even an error message.

I have double and triple checked, and the public and private keys are exactly correct as pasted from google reCaptcha page for the forum domain.

The correct forum domain is also definitely showing on the Google Recaptcha page

What is going wrong?
 Is this a known bug?

The MyBB default Image verification still works normally, but I was hoping to use reCaptcha since that seems to be recommended

Take a look at this screenshot. 

Double check your keys to make sure those are in the correct places.

[Image: 93a5665d93d6e1ff7c9e5af0814e32cc.png]
(2018-10-30, 06:24 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-30, 05:48 AM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried enabling the build in Recaptcha function, using the keys provided by Google for my forum URL www.nzarchitecture.net.nz.

What is going wrong?
 Is this a known bug?

Take a look at this screenshot. 

Double check your keys to make sure those are in the correct places.

[Image: 93a5665d93d6e1ff7c9e5af0814e32cc.png]

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.  I double checked, and yes they are already definitely the correct way around.

Just to be sure I cleared each field and copy pasted the keys in again, ensuring I pasted as plain text.  No joy.
Looks like the only thing left to do is re-do the keys again.

Go back to Google Captcha and re-do the keys again and see what happens.

(make sure that the URL is correct when you re-do the Captcha keys. If it's off by a character, the keys will fail)
(2018-10-30, 08:54 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the only thing left to do is re-do the keys again.

Go back to Google Captcha and re-do the keys again and see what happens.

(make sure that the URL is correct when you re-do the Captcha keys. If it's off by a character, the keys will fail)

Bingo!
Now working.

When I applied for new keys on the ReCaptcha website, the range of options to select was different to what I had before. 
I am wondering if what I was seeing before related to ReCaptcha v1 rather than v2 keys - I had originally applied for keys last year

This time I also omitted the www from the front of my domain.  Not sure if that made any difference (or if it did, why the reCaptcha website even permitted the original www without any error message)

Thanks for your help!