MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install mybb on vps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, welcome to this post.
I'm here with a big question mark on my head.
I bought a domain on namecheap and a vps on vps.ga.
Now I'm looking someone that wants to help me installing mybb on it.
I have discord and i'm here looking for people to help me out. I'm really excited about making my own forum.
I can pay you if everything works complete and I'm trying to find my way out of this.
Please answer here or add me on discord: Wanheda#2178
It is much easier than you think. Install CentOS, install LAMP, install CentOS Web Panel. For all these, you will find a lot of guides online. Once you have them, install MyBB is just adding a database and then upload files to proper areas as per documentation.
(2018-11-02, 05:01 AM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]install CentOS Web Panel.

If you have no server management experience, do not do this; it will add another attack level.
(2018-11-02, 05:30 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

If you have no server management experience, do not do this; it will add another attack level.

No, I don't have any vps experience. Is it easier to buy a webshost and start from there?
(2018-11-02, 08:36 AM)Zangeose Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-02, 05:30 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

No, I don't have any vps experience. Is it easier to buy a webshost and start from there?

It is easier to buy a cPanel hosting account, yes.
If you do not need a lot of resources and bandwidth, start with a shared hosting account. Most of them offer cPanel.