MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Usergroup & Hidden Theme Interfering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FORUM VERSION: 1.8.19

Found this problem on another board I administrate, replicated this on a test board to see if this was an issue elsewhere.

If a theme is available to x usergroup(s) only and a user has this theme selected when you go to change their usergroup to anything that that particular theme is not available to you get the error:
Quote:The following errors were encountered:
  • The style you selected is invalid. Please select a valid style.
If I manually change the users theme selected to a theme available to all usergroups then the error does not occur when attempting to change usergroup.

Not sure if this is intended feature but may confuse others that come across this issue as the error message is not particularly descriptive ('style' does not = 'theme' in the ACP and took me a few days to figure out the relation and solve this myself).
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3611

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group