MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYBB 2FA code from google authenticator not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i'm not talking about the 2FA thats used with admincp but i'm talking about the following plugin

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=941

i'm not sure why it stopped working, meaning after i input the code i got from my google authenticator it says the code is incorrect

i'm not sure if its b/c i did the following...

i had everything working fine when i have it setup on my primary site blackmarke7.com.  However, i wanted to copy my primary site to my secondary site blackmarke7.org, so i copied all the files and database to blackmarke7.org.  Then i noticed whenever i input the code i get from my google authenticator it keeps saying code is incorrect.  I tried uninstalling and installing the plugin but still getting incorrect google authenticate code....

now since the plugin don't work i'm forced to use the built in 2fa for my main site but thats only for admincp.... i really like having 2fa for outside of admincp 

i have the plugin enabled on my secondary site blackmarke7.org if any1 want to test it or help me out with this issue thx!
Hello,

Remove the website from your Authentication choice. Uninstall the plugin and reinstall it.
After you have re-installed the plugin, active it and copy the new QR code (same as first time).
Report back and tell me if you still have the issue.

Thanks,
Nasyr

*This plugin is pending a beta review for a whole new release down the line.*
(2018-11-07, 09:03 AM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Remove the website from your Authentication choice. Uninstall the plugin and reinstall it.
After you have re-installed the plugin, active it and copy the new QR code (same as first time).
Report back and tell me if you still have the issue.

Thanks,
Nasyr

*This plugin is pending a beta review for a whole new release down the line.*

tried and still getting incorrect code then logged out
Hello,

Do you have some sort of instant messaging software? Such as Skype or Discord?
Please send me contact information via Private Message.
I would like to test your forums and also see your serverside settings through Screenshare via Skype or Team Viewer.

Thanks,
Nasyr
(2018-11-08, 09:50 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Do you have some sort of instant messaging software? Such as Skype or Discord?
Please send me contact information via Private Message.
I would like to test your forums and also see your serverside settings through Screenshare via Skype or Team Viewer.

Thanks,
Nasyr

sent you a private message