MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with CKEditor and with smiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey I have mybb 1.8.3 and I installed Simple CKEditor and CKEditor WYSIWYG editor

and CKEditor WYSIWYG editor not working the plugin is on but w when I try to open a new thread I still get the default editor do I need to change something so he will use CKEditor?
and with the smiles, they just not showing up http://prntscr.com/lelim7 like this its because CKEditor how I can fix it?
(2018-11-05, 12:52 PM)yogev2288 Wrote: [ -> ]hey I have   mybb 1.8.3 and I installed Simple CKEditor and CKEditor WYSIWYG editor

and CKEditor WYSIWYG editor not working the plugin is on but w when I try to open a new thread I still get the default editor do I need to change something so he will use CKEditor?
and with the smiles, they just not showing up http://prntscr.com/lelim7 like this its because CKEditor how I can fix it?

One thing, you are way behind on the MyBB version.

It is now 1.8.19. 

You should strongly consider upgrading to the new version before going further.
Ckeditor has changed a lot, and that plugin has not been maintained. So may not be worthwhile using it at the moment.
(2018-11-05, 01:07 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-05, 12:52 PM)yogev2288 Wrote: [ -> ]hey I have   mybb 1.8.3 and I installed Simple CKEditor and CKEditor WYSIWYG editor

One thing, you are way behind on the MyBB version.

It is now 1.8.19. 

You should strongly consider upgrading to the new version before going further.
the problem is my forum is translated to Hebrew and no one really did update or something do idk if its will work with the 1.8.19
do you have maybe good editor like this forum have or v1.8.19 have better editor inside ? 

(2018-11-05, 01:22 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ckeditor has changed a lot, and that plugin has not been maintained. So may not be worthwhile using it at the moment.

do you have better editor to give me ?   even like the forum
This forum still uses SCeditor ... 1.9 may get an updated editor. My advice is to wait. The configuration needed to make Ckeditor work is not worth it.
(2018-11-05, 05:26 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]This forum still uses SCeditor ... 1.9 may get an updated editor. My advice is to wait. The configuration needed to make Ckeditor work is not worth it.
still like its to baisc there is no colors text side etc there is anything that i can do to add this things ?
what mybb forum useing ?
MyBB forum is still using Sceditor. Honestly, it's good enough for most user needs. i think its just the look that is dated.

The default editor does allow you to change text color by default.
(2018-11-05, 05:42 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB forum is still using Sceditor. Honestly, it's good enough for most user needs. i think its just the look that is dated.

The default editor does allow you to change text color by default.

i see 
how i can install Sceditor to my forum? 
Sceditor is the default editor of MyBB software package.
(2018-11-05, 06:02 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Sceditor is the default editor of MyBB software package.

o so how i can add the extra options like colors sizes
Pages: 1 2