MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Subjects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I feel we should remove the "Post Subject" option when replying to a thread, it is kind of useless IMO.

THIS IS NOT REMOVAL OF THREAD SUBJECT

I have added a poll to this thread so please cast your votes!
I completely agree with this, it isn't needed anymore and should be deprecated.
I agree with this. I've literally never seen this used.
There are too many removal ideas and not enough development input. I was just about to post in the post icons thread when i saw this one.

Calendar, archive, post icons ... and nothing new is being added. As far as this thread is concerned, i guess it's easy enough for the webmaster to remove the subject input from the newreply template.
Even for SEO it is beter to remove it Smile
(2018-11-05, 09:20 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]There are too many removal ideas and not enough development input. I was just about to post in the post icons thread when i saw this one.

Calendar, archive, post icons ... and nothing new is being added. As far as this thread is concerned, i guess it's easy enough for the webmaster to remove the subject input from the newreply template.

I couldn't disagree more. As we have announced, 1.9 is shipping a default responsive theme and we are removing a lot of "useless" features that may have been popular many years ago but aren't needed now. So there is additions to 1.9 with a brand new theme and mobile support.

We have also announced that 1.10 will come with notifications as default and many more enhancements.

You're right, it is easy to remove it but there is no point in shipping features as default for no one to make use of and just remove them. Plus, not all of our user base has the knowledge to do this.
It is completely useless in my opinion. No one is really changing the subject for the post and if they do noone will notice it.
+1 Remove this feature deprecated.
Yep, get rid of them.
I agree, useless
Pages: 1 2