MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I think we should remove the post icon feature. It doesn't seem to be much use in my opinion and I haven't seen a board utilise it fully.

I have added a poll, please cast your vote.
Personally I haven't seen a forum use the post icon feature in years, whether it be MyBB or VB4. I completely support the removal of this feature.
It has its own space. But not many forums use it. Unless we can bring some interesting changes to it, it is better that it goes away.
(2018-11-05, 09:14 PM)Lewis H Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I haven't seen a forum use the post icon feature in years, whether it be MyBB or VB4. I completely support the removal of this feature.

The only people I have seen use the post icon feature here, are those who generally have intolerable threads. I also support and endorse the complete removal of the feature.
Post Icons are mostly used as a sort of prefix of a thread. Like if you have a question you can use the questionmark. Which does make it look more organized for some forums. However, it is not really needed since we already have thread prefixes which makes them redundant.

Maybe tweak it so every forum section has its own limitation to what icon can be used?

The icons self are looking outdated tho.
I agree with playerNumOne: these icons are mostly used as a visual thread prefix.
(2018-11-06, 01:10 AM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]It has its own space. But not many forums use it. Unless we can bring some interesting changes to it, it is better that it goes away.

One "interesting change" would be font-awesome capability.
Personally would be nice to leave them but improve it - for example FontAwesome support etc
Keep but have the option to turn it off.

I use it for marking some threads as News, Important, Etc. My uses look for the icon when running through new threads.
When will these be removed if the votes choose so?
Pages: 1 2