MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quote boxes: how to change colours?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

Quote boxes on my forum

I just tested out the quote boxes. They look a bit too bright for my liking, so I would like to know where I have to look to change the colours. Can anyone point me to the code/setting/whatever to change the font and background colours of the quote boxes?

Cheers and thanks in advance,
-MV
Adding this to your additional CSS should do it:
.quote_header
{
background: #whatever;
}
.quote_body
{
}
thanks a lot.

Hail Mr Doom Toungue

edit: though, what is meant with additional CSS? Are you referring to a template or theme? (if so, could you point out where?)
"ACP -> Themes -> Modify / Delete -> *Your Theme* -> Edit Theme Style -> Go"

The "Additional CSS" box is the big box at the bottom of that page.
MrDoom Wrote:"ACP -> Themes -> Modify / Delete -> *Your Theme* -> Edit Theme Style -> Go"

The "Additional CSS" box is the big box at the bottom of that page.

lol must have been blind to not see that.

Thanks a lot.

edit: don't know if you were aware but there was already a code like that in the additional CSS; I didn't change anything there.

Cheers,
-MV
No problem.

If the Quote box was too bright, and you also want to change the background of the Code/PHP boxes, this CSS will do that:
.code_header
{
}
.code_body
{
}

Edit:
Master Vampire Wrote:edit: don't know if you were aware but there was already a code like that in the additional CSS; I didn't change anything there.
By default, the Additional CSS box is empty so I don't know where that came from.