MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Jcink --> MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Attempting to merge an IPB forum to MyBB, unfortunately the needed information required we cannot get as Jcink does not provide support for moves and thus cannot give the necessary information.

Is there any work around to this or are we just out of luck here?

Thanks,
iso

[Image: Capture.PNG]
basically database backup needs to be checked for its format.
you may have to import it into a server / local web server to check
.m.

After attempting to upload the backup file into a test area of my server, this is what I received:
[Image: Capture.PNG]
UPDATE
For any users migrating from Jcink to MyBB understand that Jcink uses an OLD outdated version of IPB/IPS (the last free version of the software that was available, which is from 2003 I believe). In order for us to even use the merge option we had to first upgrade the old IPB Jcink database to IPB 3 (which was on the list of merge options, could do 4 if you prefer?). IPB (Invision Power Services) is a priced product, so we found ourselves stuck in a bind. I happened to reach out to a friend that has IPB and was able to run the upgrade for us on a test platform.

From there we used the upgraded IPB database to merge and it went pretty much smoothly.

ADDITIONAL QUESTION
When the usergroups merged I noticed that quite a few of the original MyBB usergroups like (Admin, Super Mod, Mod, Awaiting Activation and Registered) were off. Will this affect board usage? For example the group for registered users was almost like Mods (they were given mod permissions). I also noticed that only two are able to be sorted (for pages like the show team page) instead of the normal three (Admin, Super Mod and Mod).
(2018-11-08, 10:49 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]ADDITIONAL QUESTION
When the usergroups merged I noticed that quite a few of the original MyBB usergroups like (Admin, Super Mod, Mod, Awaiting Activation and Registered) were off. Will this affect board usage? For example the group for registered users was almost like Mods (they were given mod permissions). I also noticed that only two are able to be sorted (for pages like the show team page) instead of the normal three (Admin, Super Mod and Mod).

I am guessing on this one since I am not familiar with IPB databases, but it could be that the GID (group ID) is assigned differently in IPB than MyBB.

For example - In MyBB Guests are assigned GID of 1, whereas in IPB Guests may be assigned GID of 2. (it's a guess, I do not know for certain)

That might explain why some of the group IDs of MyBB are not "lined up" with the group IDs in IPB.
(2018-11-09, 11:05 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]That might explain why some of the group IDs of MyBB are not "lined up" with the group IDs in IPB.

So even though we're now running the forum on MyBB its possibly still using IPB settings?