MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone handed over the boards to me, but never gave me his admin account info.  I have a user where I can login to the admin part, but when I try to install and activate a plugin, it says "Access Denied.  You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel."

Is there a way on the backend to make me able to fix this or am I screwed unless they get back with me?
(2018-11-07, 10:09 PM)fromdecember Wrote: [ -> ]Someone handed over the boards to me, but never gave me his admin account info.  I have a user where I can login to the admin part, but when I try to install and activate a plugin, it says "Access Denied.  You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel."

Is there a way on the backend to make me able to fix this or am I screwed unless they get back with me?

In the FTP client program, go to /inc/config.php file and modify these lines to your User ID number.

You will note on the first line, I had my former Super Admin (17xx - Number changed to protect the user's identity), then I commented that line out and the second line only lists me as the Super Admin.

/* $config['super_admins'] = '1'; '17xx'; */

$config['super_admins'] = '1';
Awesome!  Thanks!