MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods - Extend section Subscribed project Notifications .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a person "subscribes" to a project in MyBB mods Extend section ( https://community.mybb.com/mods.php ) ,
and an author "Updates" a project, are the Subscribers suppose to receive some type of notification/alert ?

There are "projects" that i have subscribed to months ago, but have never received any "notifications" or "alerts", on projects that i revisited and see that the "project" has been "Updated" 1 or more times.
(2018-11-08, 03:00 PM)v_2 Wrote: [ -> ]When a person "subscribes" to a project in MyBB mods  Extend section ( https://community.mybb.com/mods.php ) ,
and an author "Updates" a project, are the Subscribers suppose to receive some type of notification/alert ?

There are "projects" that i have subscribed to months ago, but have never received any "notifications" or "alerts",  on projects that i revisited and see that the "project" has been "Updated" 1 or more times.

I can confirm this, too.

A few projects (mostly themes) I have subscribed to have had updates, but I was never 'notified'. 

So... I UNsubscribed to those because... "What's the point?".
I believe the only use for that feature till now is to keep track of all the plugins you might be using or interested in. Like a favorites thingy.
(2018-11-08, 05:15 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the only use for that feature till now is to keep track of all the plugins you might be using or interested in. Like a favorites thingy.

Understood
when you subscribe to a project an a project author uploads a new version of the project, you should get an email, I believe, letting you know that the project has been updated. I use it for several plugins and its worked well.
(2018-11-23, 12:32 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]when you subscribe to a project an a project author uploads a new version of the project, you should get an email, I believe, letting you know that the project has been updated. I use it for several plugins and its worked well.

I havent received any notifications on subscribed projects
but i do receive email when I receive a PM on mybb.com , or if I checked to receive email notice on subscribed threads.

I searched and cant find anything in my UserCP to enable, in order to receive alert/pm/email for Projects that I am subscribed to..