MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to view default index page while being logged in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way for an admin to view the default index page which is visible to the public while being logged in? I'm making changes to it and would rather not have to launch it half way through. As it is now, I have to log out and then set it as the default index page for everyone to see.
Please explain. It's not clear what you mean.
I, as an admin, want to change how the index page which is displayed to the public looks, ie the index page you see when you are not logged in to the forum.

I'm presently installing a new theme and can make changes to it by setting my personal account settings to the new theme. This way I am the only one who sees the new theme, and I can make sure that any changes I make are implemented correctly before deciding to launch the new theme.

I can't do this with the index page since I have to be logged out to view it. Every time I want to check that a change has been implemented correctly, I have to momentarily make the new theme the default theme for everyone.

I was hoping there was a way for me to view the new theme's default public index page without having to launch it.
By default you should be able to do this without having to set the theme to default. I test themes like this all the time.

The only other way is to work on a test database instead of your live site.
(2018-11-09, 08:42 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]By default you should be able to do this without having to set the theme to default. I test themes like this all the time.

How? How can I view the public index page set to the new theme when it's set to the old theme? The only reason I can see the new theme at all is because my own admin account is set to the new theme. When I'm logged out, I see the old theme like everyone else.
If you can view other pages but not the index page then there must be something in your setup preventing that. htaccess maybe.

But strictly speakly you cannot see the public version while being logged in as admin. You should rather test on a test database.
(2018-11-09, 08:58 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]But strictly speakly you cannot see the public version while being logged in as admin. You should rather test on a test database.

Got it. Thanks!
Use incognito mode in your browser