MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread tools, responses to your posts module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MyBB is lacking an easy way for users to find active threads they have posted in, such as new replies to posts or threads a member has posted in.

Are the developers working on this problem to improve subscribed thread tools, posts responded to since last visit and so on ??
You can already tell... Look at the thread status icons legend at the bottom of forumdisplay.
I'm talking about "new replies from threads I've posted in" or better thread subscription tools within the menu bar so we can find this much faster on threads members are active in.
That's as easy as doing what I said above, navigating to the thread and viewing all the posts since your post.
It is not as easy as you think, I have to go to my user CP to do this, it would be nice to have a link in the menu bar that takes you to "new replies to your posts" like SMF has, or even a subscribed threads link like vB has.
You can change the welcome template to include a link to your subscribed threads if you wish. It's not a "feature" that you are describing but a navigation issue. The feature is already in mybb. If you want it to navigate like SMF or VB then go right ahead and make the changes.
Why should I have to add the feature myself ??

I am making a suggestion here that MyBB should listen to, users are creatures of habit, they want the same features on MyBB that they have on competitive forum software, MyBB should add more functionality for users of the forums.

For example, I can find threads I started in user CP by clicking on all threads, but I can't find current active threads easy, not unless I review each of my posts and go to each thread to see if a new post has been added, this is not good, it is not fast, it is not user friendly.

I want MyBB to improve it's user friendliness and user tools soon so the script can move to the next level !!!
We can't just implement everything everybody wants. There are thousands of suggestions; How would we be able to?
AVC Wrote:Why should I have to add the feature myself ??

I told you it's NOT a feature because mybb already has this built in. It's just not in a place you like it. So change it...it would have taken you less time than the 3 or so posts in this thread.

Do you want them to make your logo as well?
labrocca Wrote:
AVC Wrote:Why should I have to add the feature myself ??

I told you it's NOT a feature because mybb already has this built in. It's just not in a place you like it. So change it...it would have taken you less time than the 3 or so posts in this thread.

Do you want them to make your logo as well?

So can you explain where the new responses to my recent posts link is in MyBB if it is already there ??
Pages: 1 2 3