MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Today MyBB just BROKE for no reason.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If its a theme issue, switching it back to default will solve the issue.

I experienced many errors after upgrading mybb.

I recommend all webmasters to modify the existing default theme.

Use only one / two pluggins. I use only Advanced SideBox.

My suggestion - If you have any backups, upload it to your database. Then see...

I request not to shutdown such a wonderful site, even for a single day.

SAD.. see www.postbin.in to see my theme modifications. With this you can blindly upgrade your mybb version.

Thank you.
(2018-11-11, 03:05 PM)ManuRahim Wrote: [ -> ]If its a theme issue, switching it back to default will solve the issue.

I experienced many errors after upgrading mybb.

I recommend all webmasters to modify the existing default theme.

Use only one / two pluggins. I use only Advanced SideBox.

My suggestion - If you have any backups, upload it to your database. Then see...

I request not to shutdown such a wonderful site, even for a single day.

SAD.. see www.postbin.in to see my theme modifications. With this you can blindly upgrade your mybb version.

Thank you.

Sorry, it's not a theme issue as explained before.
We've had the same theme on the same myBB version number for almost a year without any issues.  
We attempted to update myBB after everything broke, it didn't help.

The actual ACP also has errors (which is completely outside of all possible themes).

One day it just broke, all plugins automatically disabled and we're unable to re-enable them.
Error messages are appearing on every page despite what theme we use.

Thank you for the help though!

Maybe the only possible solution is to install a fresh copy of myBB and import all user accounts into the new copy. However if this was indeed due to a hack then I fear that this issue will arise again.
Relating to why exactly this might have happened I'd guess your error_reporting php.ini setting has been changed. All of the screenshots you've shown so far are PHP warnings, which are usually hidden in production web server environments.

You may be able to manage this setting inside cPanel, but I'm not sure.
(2018-11-11, 04:25 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Relating to why exactly this might have happened I'd guess your error_reporting php.ini setting has been changed. All of the screenshots you've shown so far are PHP warnings, which are usually hidden in production web server environments.

Interesting, what must I do to this file in order to fix things?
Would this also affect plugins (given that they can no longer be enabled)?
(2018-11-11, 04:40 PM)ZeoWorks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-11, 04:25 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Relating to why exactly this might have happened I'd guess your error_reporting php.ini setting has been changed. All of the screenshots you've shown so far are PHP warnings, which are usually hidden in production web server environments.

php.ini is normally only editable on VPS hosting or dedicated servers, but some hosts offer options inside cPanel (or their equivalent web hosting control panel) to manage the error_reporting value and other settings. There are lots of different settings you can set it to, but usually the setting for a production server is simply "E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED". The setting that manages if these warnings are shown, is the "display_errors" php.ini setting. Having this on displays the warning boxes that you are seeing. For more information, please see here: http://php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.confi...-reporting

This may be affecting the plugin page and preventing you from enabling new ones. Generally warning mean something is wrong. I can see that your first screenshot includes my myAlerts plugin in the output. I had a brief look, but the line that it's indicating doesn't contain an in_array call like in your warning. Are you using the up to date version of the plugin files from here? https://github.com/mybbstuff/myalerts
(2018-11-11, 10:15 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

php.ini is normally only editable on VPS hosting or dedicated servers, but some hosts offer options inside cPanel (or their equivalent web hosting control panel) to manage the error_reporting value and other settings. There are lots of different settings you can set it to, but usually the setting for a production server is simply "E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED". The setting that manages if these warnings are shown, is the "display_errors" php.ini setting. Having this on displays the warning boxes that you are seeing. For more information, please see here: http://php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.confi...-reporting

This may be affecting the plugin page and preventing you from enabling new ones. Generally warning mean something is wrong. I can see that your first screenshot includes my myAlerts plugin in the output. I had a brief look, but the line that it's indicating doesn't contain an in_array call like in your warning. Are you using the up to date version of the plugin files from here? https://github.com/mybbstuff/myalerts

On hostgator cloud sharing, we're unable to access this file.
Hostgator insists that they haven't modified anything on our website.

Due to the nature of our website, I'm lead to believe this was indeed a hack.  The version originally was 1.8.14.
Our myBB website allows users to login to our games with myBB accounts.  The intention of the hack could be for user titles, or perhaps just a hate attack given the huge traffic we receive daily. There is just no other reason, everything was perfectly fine; this huge issue just came out of no where.

Regardless I made a new database, installed myBB into a new folder with that database and boom; everything is working again.

I think this event is important for myBB developers to note in future security releases,
Thank you everyone who helped with this issue; re-installing myBB fresh was the only solution. 

We were able to transfer all old user accounts.etc to the new database.
(2018-11-12, 11:35 AM)ZeoWorks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-11, 10:15 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

On hostgator cloud sharing, we're unable to access this file.
Hostgator insists that they haven't modified anything on our website.

Due to the nature of our website, I'm lead to believe this was indeed a hack.  The version originally was 1.8.14.
Our myBB website allows users to login to our games with myBB accounts.  The intention of the hack could be for user titles, or perhaps just a hate attack given the huge traffic we receive daily.  There is just no other reason, everything was perfectly fine; this huge issue just came out of no where.

Regardless I made a new database, installed myBB into a new folder with that database and boom; everything is working again.

I think this event is important for myBB developers to note in future security releases,
Thank you everyone who helped with this issue; re-installing myBB fresh was the only solution. 

We were able to transfer all old user accounts.etc to the new database.

I use Hostgator cloud and I've never had an issue with Hostgator.
Pages: 1 2 3