MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sender of mass PM other than admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi MyBB folks,

It is possible to send a massive PM to all users but with other sender than forum admin?
(2018-11-11, 01:41 PM)zorro100100 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MyBB folks,

It is possible to send a massive PM to all users but with other sender than forum admin?

Yes, but why would you want to do this?

Other users can abuse this.
It's not about abuse other users. Is more for making sending commercials around forum more clear.

I got user call 'advertise' and want him to send all of the PM ads messages. So people know is a commercial.

@serpius, how to do it?
(2018-11-11, 01:52 PM)zorro100100 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not about abuse other users. Is more for making sending commercials around forum more clear.

I got user call 'advertise' and want him to send all of the PM ads messages. So people know is a commercial.

@serpius, how to do it?

Go to your AdminCP and follow the screenshot.

[Image: 78e2f7abd83328810a216c30f1761c17.png]
@serpius, I know this section. But is nowhere there a option to change a sender username.
(2018-11-11, 04:26 PM)zorro100100 Wrote: [ -> ]@serpius, I know this section. But is nowhere there a option to change a sender username.

Again...

Not sure WHY you need to change the sender username.

If you really insist on doing this, then upgrade the username to the staff level and allow that user to send out Mass emails.