MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allowed Login Methods setting was not updated due to multiple users using the same e-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone advise how to find all incidences of duplicate user addresses amongst user accounts?

Under ACP/Login and Registration options/Allowed Login Methods, if I select 'Both Username and Email', I get error message "Allowed Login Methods setting was not updated due to multiple users using the same email address", which I would like to solve.

I have had the ACP/Login and Registration options/'Allow email address to be registered multiple times' setting switched off for as long as I can remember, but presumably there must have been a time when it was on, if this message is correct.  

I did not change any settings recently myself, but before the upgrade logging on via either method was possible - so possibly duplicates were not being correctly detected before the upgrade, but are now?

A possibility is the MyFaceBook Connect plugin was/is somehow bypassing the setting and creating duplicate accounts. (see https://community.mybb.com/thread-157035.html) - though I have not been able to manually spot any double ups of any kind using the same email address so far, though that is not surprising amongst 600 users, as there is no way to sort listed user accounts into e-mail address order that I can see.

Can anyone advise how to find all incidences of duplicate addresses so the accounts can be merged?
Maybe there is some way via a SQL query - though I would not know where to begin.

As a test, I tried switching on the 'Allow email address to be registered multiple times' setting, but even when this is on, I still cannot enable both login methods (I presume this is correct behaviour though?)
You can try the following query in mysql:
SELECT email, COUNT(*) l FROM mybb_users GROUP BY email HAVING l>1
You'll get a list of all duplicates email
Thanks - finally spotted your reply, and it turns out the only culprit was me!