MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authentication Mismatch with Memberlist Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading to PHP 7.2, I have encountered this error:

[attachment=41252]

[attachment=41253]

[attachment=41254]

Basically if I want to search a member in the member list, it will come back with this odd error.

If I go back to an earlier version of PHP the error still occurs.

I am not sure what could be going wrong here. 

Forum Address is: https://nslazarus.com/index.php

You can see the error occurring here: https://nslazarus.com/memberlist.php
Did you do any update recently from older MyBB ?

Anyways first take a backup of the theme before trying anything. Check these things first
1. Try if it works with the default theme ?
2. Check using 'Find updated templates' to see if there are any changes in the theme you are using from default
(11-16-2018, 03:48 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Did you do any update recently from older MyBB ?

Anyways first take a backup of the theme before trying anything. Check these things first
1. Try if it works with the default theme ?
2. Check using 'Find updated templates' to see if there are any changes in the theme you are using from default

No. It has been the most recent update for a while. I don't think it is a theme issue as the default theme has the same issue. 

I had an issue with a plugin and used a backup sql file. That's when the issue started. 

All I can think of is that somehow the database and myBB aren't connecting. I'll have to try previous database backups maybe till it connects again and allows a username search.
It must be a plugin or one of the many scripts that you are running causing the issue. I had a look at your theme selector, and all of your themes including the default theme is modified with these scripts. i.o.w the default theme is no longer stock.
(11-17-2018, 04:51 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]It must be a plugin or one of the many scripts that you are running causing the issue. I had a look at your theme selector, and all of your themes including the default theme is modified with these scripts. i.o.w the default theme is no longer stock.

The plugins and scripts were working fine as was search. Until recently. 

I can try a clean version of default, but I have a hunch the search problem would still be present.

I'll also disable plugins to see if any are affecting forum functions.

I restored an even earlier backup and the problem disappeared.

Must be a corrupted plugin somewhere.
(11-17-2018, 08:04 PM)New Rogernomics Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2018, 04:51 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]It must be a plugin or one of the many scripts that you are running causing the issue. I had a look at your theme selector, and all of your themes including the default theme is modified with these scripts. i.o.w the default theme is no longer stock.

The plugins and scripts were working fine as was search. Until recently. 

I can try a clean version of default, but I have a hunch the search problem would still be present.

I'll also disable plugins to see if any are affecting forum functions.

I restored an even earlier backup and the problem disappeared.

Must be a corrupted plugin somewhere.
You can figure the problem plugin by enabling one by one and than you will find which plugin is causing the issue.
(11-18-2018, 04:06 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2018, 08:04 PM)New Rogernomics Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2018, 04:51 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]It must be a plugin or one of the many scripts that you are running causing the issue. I had a look at your theme selector, and all of your themes including the default theme is modified with these scripts. i.o.w the default theme is no longer stock.

The plugins and scripts were working fine as was search. Until recently. 

I can try a clean version of default, but I have a hunch the search problem would still be present.

I'll also disable plugins to see if any are affecting forum functions.

I restored an even earlier backup and the problem disappeared.

Must be a corrupted plugin somewhere.
You can figure the problem plugin by enabling one by one and than you will find which plugin is causing the issue.

Well, the thing is that those that could have caused the issue were already disabled and uninstalled.

I have made sure to have multiple forum backups (of the files and the database) this time, so I can go through and see where it was coming from. Basically I'll need to check the plugins individually file by file. 

But for now the issue is resolved I guess, and I am a little wiser about Database issues.

I can only speculate on what caused it, but I have some ideas.
  • When I tried to upload a database backup it wouldn't connect to the memberlist, so it must have lost connection to some necessary mybb files in the directory.
  • Disabling and uninstalling the plugins was not enough, and they had to be removed in their entirety.. 
  • Somehow there was a mess up in my editor files:
[attachment=41272]
I'll have to go through and check over that directory, and re-upload files as required.