MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Autor-Informations left over the full height
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I am currently directing a MyBB forum visually and have the author information on the left side (classic view) pulled.

Now it is in the default setting so that the author information does not go over the entire amount of the post. There is always a bit of space up and down and if the post is quite long (and therefore quite high), the author information is quite small.

In the attachmet a snapshot, what I mean exactly.

My wish would be to place the author area (light blue) always over the entire height from top to bottom of the post. This is not possible for me with my limited knowledge of CSS, unfortunately, have pushed back and forth a lot.

Does anyone have an idea how to implement this?
(2018-11-16, 10:33 AM)Banker Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,

I am currently directing a MyBB forum visually and have the author information on the left side (classic view) pulled.

Now it is in the default setting so that the author information does not go over the entire amount of the post. There is always a bit of space up and down and if the post is quite long (and therefore quite high), the author information is quite small.

My wish would be to place the author area (light blue) always over the entire height from top to bottom of the post. This is not possible for me with my limited knowledge of CSS, unfortunately, have pushed back and forth a lot.

.... on the site in question, go to your UserCP , click Edit Options.
for example: https://community.mybb.com/usercp.php?action=options

then under Thread View Options

Display posts in classic mode. << make sure box next to it is "UNCHECKED" , then scroll down and click "Update Options"
(2018-11-16, 02:09 PM)v_2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-16, 10:33 AM)Banker Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,

.... on the site in question, go to your UserCP , click Edit Options.
for example: https://community.mybb.com/usercp.php?action=options

then under Thread View Options

Display posts in classic mode. << make sure box next to it is "UNCHECKED" , then scroll down and click "Update Options"

Thats not the solution. With that i change the postbit into the new style with author infos at the top. I want it the classic Style. But the Blue author box (See my Screenshot) Must be over the total height of the post!
What do your postbit templates/CSS look like? If you'd like, you can send me a link to your forum and I'll tell you the changes you need to make to do this.
(2018-11-16, 04:13 PM)NickGHQ Wrote: [ -> ]What do your postbit templates/CSS look like? If you'd like, you can send me a link to your forum and I'll tell you the changes you need to make to do this.

That would be very great!!

Thats the link to the (non public) forum: http://trading-stocks.de/community/index.php

Non public because we actually build it up.

Thats my postbit_classic:

{$ignore_bit}{$deleted_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post classic{$post['styleclass']} {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

<div class="post_author scaleimages" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

<div class="author_information">
			<span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: verdana;">{$post['profilelink']}</span> <br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>

{$post['useravatar']}
	</div>

<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}<br /><br />
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_content" id="resize_{$post['pid']}">

<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
<b>{$post['subject']}</b><span class="post_date"> | {$post['postdate']}</span>
	</div>
	<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['message']}
	</div>
	{$post['attachments']}
	{$post['signature']}
	<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">

<div class="float_right">
			{$post['poststatus']}
		</div>
	</div>
	{$post['input_editreason']}
</div>
<div style="{$post['tyl_display']}" id="tyl_{$post['pid']}">{$post['thankyoulike_data']}</div>
<div class="post_controls">
	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
	</div>
	<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_tyl']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>
No one any idea?