MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to control the minimum allowed file size of Attached images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to control the minimum file size of image attachments. Currently, I receive the following message when I upload an image larger than 500kb

The file "test.jpg" is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.

I have been digging through the dashboard looking for a setting, as well as old forum posts looking or an answer unsuccessfully. Does anyone know if there is such a setting, or is this something I need to change in my database?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I just got my forum set up and I’m trying to get acquainted to managing it.

Thanks,
Pete
(2018-11-19, 07:10 PM)Pete-I Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to control the minimum file size of image attachments. Currently, I receive the following message when I upload an image larger than 500kb

The file "test.jpg" is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.

I have been digging through the dashboard looking for a setting, as well as old forum posts looking or an answer unsuccessfully. Does anyone know if there is such a setting, or is this something I need to change in my database?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I just got my forum set up and I’m trying to get acquainted to managing it.

Thanks,
Pete

Are you looking to change the Maximum , or the Minimum file size ?

Adjustments can be made in your admin control panel

https: //yourFORUMsiteURL.com /adminlocation/index.php?module=config-attachment_types
Hi,

go to Admin Control Panel -> Configuration (Tab) -> Attachment Types (left column) -> and press "Options" of the desired file you want to change. -> Edit

In the new page change the "Maximum File Size (Kilobytes)" field for the value you want and press the "Save Attachment Type" button at the bottom.
Are you looking to change the Maximum , or the Minimum file size ?

Adjustments can be made in your admin control panel

https: //yourFORUMsiteURL.com /adminlocation/index.php?module=config-attachment_types

I am looking to modify the maximum size. Thanks for the link! This is perfect.  Smile