MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, can anybody suggest what the problem might be?

I have made no changes to the forum, just went to check my forum and it no longer is there?

I have checked the log and no changes have been made related to deleting the forum only 
the deleting of some spam users. 

Version is 1.8.5 

http://www.yourfaith.co.nz/forum/

Thanks!
In your Admin CP --> Forums & Posts can you still see the forums/boards? They may have been disabled.
(11-20-2018, 12:10 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]In your Admin CP --> Forums & Posts can you still see the forums/boards? They may have been disabled.

I cannot see the forms/boards/posts in the admin cp it is like they have been deleted, or not being read from the database

I have checked the database and the forms/posts seem to be there. 

Thanks!
looks like someone has messed with the templates/files of your forum !

you can try installing a new theme & switching to it.
How do I install a new theme and then switch to it?

does this mean recreating the forum headings as they were, then directing the database somehow accordingly?

Thanks!
Through the member list and user profiles, you can search for users' posts and there's search results. So the posts are still there somewhere. But clicking on any gives an "invalid forum" error, and the forum information is missing from the search results page. But check the Portal, some content is still there.
I think that goes deeper than just a template issue. Did you do anything with the database?
How do I install a new theme and then switch to it?

does this mean recreating the forum headings as they were, then directing the database somehow accordingly?

Thanks!
(11-20-2018, 07:40 PM)ChrisYourfaith Wrote: [ -> ]How do I install a new theme and then switch to it?
Thanks!

https://community.mybb.com/thread-220475...pid1317972
(11-20-2018, 07:26 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]Through the member list and user profiles, you can search for users' posts and there's search results. So the posts are still there somewhere. But clicking on any gives an "invalid forum" error, and the forum information is missing from the search results page. But check the Portal, some content is still there.
I think that goes deeper than just a template issue. Did you do anything with the database?

Yesterday I reinstalled the earliest backup of the site which was only a week ago to try and solve the problem
but it didn't work. I think the backup was created after the problem. but I have done nothing to the database.  

If I recreate the forum can I then select from the database what goes in the forum headings?

Thanks!

(11-20-2018, 07:26 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]Through the member list and user profiles, you can search for users' posts and there's search results. So the posts are still there somewhere. But clicking on any gives an "invalid forum" error, and the forum information is missing from the search results page. But check the Portal, some content is still there.

Yesterday I reinstalled the earliest backup of the site which was only a week ago to try and solve the problem
but it didn't work. I think the backup was created after the problem. but I have done nothing to the database.  

If I recreate the forum can I then select from the database what goes in the forum headings?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Problem solved!

I went into Admin, then into forums & posts, then add new forum, then select category, I then entered the first 
title that was in the forum when it was running ok. As soon as I clicked on save forum, all the forum titles and posts 
came back as they were?

Thank you for your help!!