MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Little thing I've been working on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2018-11-21, 01:23 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Never mind. I'm not going to waste my time making a point with you.

That's just it, you're not making a point, you're copy-pasting things from your discord channel, which actually reinforces my point of view, as a developer. Lunorian actually PM'd me after you posted this seeking to clarify that, in fact, there's one dependency: Discord OAuth. Now, I don't know if you realise what OAuth is for - but it doesn't change my point of view. I'd recommend reading into OAuth. You might learn something.

(2018-11-21, 04:46 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]The end of the URL is not a hash, it's a MongoDB Object ID. In theory I could make the URLs forums?id=ObjectID instead but this works out best currently.

Ah. See, I don't use MongoDB, since I don't use Node.

(2018-11-21, 04:46 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]It's standalone in the sense that it's: Git Clone - NPM Install - fill out .env file - and then NPM start.

Which is exactly the definition of standalone; if you really wanted to, you could open source it and become a competitor to NodeBB. I think what Serpius was referring to, is that it won't run on shared hosts (which, of course it won't - and that hasn't stopped NodeBB).
(2018-11-22, 01:01 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-21, 01:23 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Never mind. I'm not going to waste my time making a point with you.

That's just it, you're not making a point, you're copy-pasting things from your discord channel, which actually reinforces my point of view, as a developer. Lunorian actually PM'd me after you posted this seeking to clarify that, in fact, there's one dependency: Discord OAuth. Now, I don't know if you realise what OAuth is for - but it doesn't change my point of view. I'd recommend reading into OAuth. You might learn something.

(2018-11-21, 04:46 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]The end of the URL is not a hash, it's a MongoDB Object ID. In theory I could make the URLs forums?id=ObjectID instead but this works out best currently.

Ah. See, I don't use MongoDB, since I don't use Node.

(2018-11-21, 04:46 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]It's standalone in the sense that it's: Git Clone - NPM Install - fill out .env file - and then NPM start.

Which is exactly the definition of standalone; if you really wanted to, you could open source it and become a competitor to NodeBB. I think what Serpius was referring to, is that it won't run on shared hosts (which, of course it won't - and that hasn't stopped NodeBB).

The software, named SansBB is already Open Source Big Grin , you can find the pre-alpha at https://github.com/nsuchy/sansbb  Heart

NodeBB is pretty awesome software except the way it handles themes overcomplicates things for someone who wants to develop a theme for the software and pushed me away from using it.
(2018-11-22, 01:01 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

You win... always... as usual. 

I'm done with this.
This looks pretty cool.
That looks beautiful, great contrast of colors
Pages: 1 2