MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Little thing I've been working on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This weekend I started a fun little project. It's no-where near as feature filled as MyBB but it was fun putting together and figured I'd share  Big Grin

[Image: PTXKwna.png]
Nice job

I also love your other 2 Themes.
Don't forget to mention that this forum software is not a stand-alone system.
I see the 'Atom' Icon.
Oh!, wait, your trash is empty Big Grin, and yes ... 48 Deg. C - too hot. Phew ...
(2018-11-20, 07:56 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget to mention that this forum software is not a stand-alone system.

It actually looks as though it is.

I'm more interested in why the permalink is a hash. That'll screw your SEO!
(2018-11-20, 11:46 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-20, 07:56 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget to mention that this forum software is not a stand-alone system.

It actually looks as though it is.

I'm more interested in why the permalink is a hash. That'll screw your SEO!

This is how he described it to me via my Luxor Forums Discord.

Quote:To be clear though
there's not an installer
you give an environment variable your database string and discord api keys and it's does stuff automatically

Then he goes on to say...

Quote:All I have right now is a very rough alpha
This being in Node.js instead of PHP will already severely limit the amount of sites using it since you'll need a VPS or to use heroku or something which makes setup harder. Compared to PHP which is essentially point in click.
I don't expect this to get popular or be a serious replacements towards any existing forum software.
Oops! Was there anything interesting at the center part of the snap other than eye-hurting violet?
What I missed ? Sad Huh
(2018-11-21, 06:28 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]This is how he described it to me via my Luxor Forums Discord.

there's not an installer
you give an environment variable your database string and discord api keys and it's does stuff automatically

Ok, and mine doesn't have an installer either. It's also standalone, and not expected to be either open-source or replace any other forum softwares. What's your point?

It has no ties to anything else, it's standalone.
(2018-11-21, 06:44 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-21, 06:28 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]This is how he described it to me via my Luxor Forums Discord.

there's not an installer

Ok, and mine doesn't have an installer either. It's also standalone, and not expected to be either open-source or replace any other forum softwares. What's your point?

It has no ties to anything else, it's standalone.

Never mind. I'm not going to waste my time making a point with you.
The end of the URL is not a hash, it's a MongoDB Object ID. In theory I could make the URLs forums?id=ObjectID instead but this works out best currently.

It's standalone in the sense that it's: Git Clone - NPM Install - fill out .env file - and then NPM start.
Pages: 1 2