MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird width issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, a strange issue recently occurred on our forum where the main forumsĀ are smaller than normal, for reference, you can see the chatbox and the announcements that have the correct width. This only happens on the index page when the site is open fullscreen. Here's a screenshot, hopefully someone know what's causing it, thanks.
[Image: ed000f434fb2ac991bf57e60637e8e25.png]
Your forum is closed, meaning we cannot inspect any elements to see what is causing the issue.
If you would like further help I would suggest opening the forums so that guests may view.
(2018-11-20, 12:09 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum is closed, meaning we cannot inspect any elements to see what is causing the issue.
If you would like further help I would suggest opening the forums so that guests may view.

Done
You have unnecessary divs with 'wrapper' class inside existing 'wrapper' class. Remove those 'wrappers' and it will be fine.
For instance, in your index_boardstates template:

[Image: 1.png]

Remove that class and it will fit good.
(2018-11-20, 03:53 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]You have unnecessary divs with 'wrapper' class inside existing 'wrapper' class. Remove those 'wrappers' and it will be fine.
For instance, in your index_boardstates template:

Remove that class and it will fit good.

Hey, before attempting to edit that I realized that I have messed something up (I think in global.css) :/
[Image: ffd250b664cf86eb412e35f4b756ad91.png]
Any ideas on what could be causingĀ it? Looks to me like the containers are wrapping around the text but I cant find what's causing it ;/
Nothing wrong in your global.css.
As stated, remove 'wrapper' classes inside another 'wrapper' class and you are good.

(2018-11-20, 05:22 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong in your global.css.
As stated, remove 'wrapper' classes inside another 'wrapper' class and you are good.

Uh, I think something is definitely wrong, but I have no idea what. Try clearing your cookies
[Image: 5aeb280e40508153c48e53d821306930.png]
Board is offline again. Still can't see, apologies for a late reply been busy.

I would not suggest removing class="wrapper" from templates. Instead in global.css I would find .wrapper class. From inspecting your global.css file I can see wrapper has this
.wrapper {
    width: 85%;
    min-width: 970px;
    max-width: 1500px;
    margin: auto auto;
}

Perhaps removing the min-width and max-width part would do you some good. Then just play around with width part itself to match the other. Big Grin
(2018-11-21, 01:30 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]I would not suggest removing class="wrapper" from templates.

A div.wrapper inside another div.wrapper is definitely unintended markup considering the fact that .wrapper is used to manage visible content width only and should be removed.
(2018-11-21, 08:58 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-21, 01:30 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]I would not suggest removing class="wrapper" from templates.

A div.wrapper inside another div.wrapper is definitely unintended markup considering the fact that .wrapper is used to manage visible content width only and should be removed.

I misunderstood you then, I did not realize there was two divs with the wrapper class. From the page where the board is login only I only see one wrapper and its still without styling or width set which is why I said not to remove it but instead change the elements width.