MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB with Piwigo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am doing a forum/gallery site and mybb/piwigo meets my needs. Done working on UI on both ends locally. What i need to do is disable Piwigo registration (probably can do that) but mybb should be logged in if a user logs in piwigo (ofc using same username / password on both ends)...

https://community.mybb.com/thread-118986.html    I'm viewing this thread if it can do but it is from 1.6 version of mybb, i'm using 1.8

Any help is appreciated

I get a 'Cannot redeclare get_extension()' o.O
The problem is MyBB does not support multi-site setups, while few can get it to work, most of the time people will just redirect you to old tutorials on how to make it happen.

The easiest way to run a multi-site is to use 3(+) systems.

System 1: A third party non-MyBB user management system (people register there)
It then pushes the login information to the MyBB database for users for the specific fields needed to log in

System 2: MyBB, it is connected to the 3rd party user management system and pulls from the database if System 1 can't push data to MyBB. The only problem is, I cant tell you how to set it up because that requires MySQL coding and secure connectors and what not - I am a huge novice.

System 3(+): Same set up with System 2 but with what ever other program you want. If you want to share/exchange more information I am pretty sure you just have to list more tables to be pulled from.
(2018-11-20, 02:42 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is MyBB does not support multi-site setups, while few can get it to work, most of the time people will just redirect you to old tutorials on how to make it happen.

The easiest way to run a multi-site is to use 3(+) systems.

System 1: A third party non-MyBB user management system (people register there)
It then pushes the login information to the MyBB database for users for the specific fields needed to log in

System 2: MyBB, it is connected to the 3rd party user management system and pulls from the database if System 1 can't push data to MyBB. The only problem is, I cant tell you how to set it up because that requires MySQL coding and secure connectors and what not - I am a huge novice.

System 3(+): Same set up with System 2 but with what ever other program you want. If you want to share/exchange more information I am pretty sure you just have to list more tables to be pulled from.

I'm trying to use MyBBIntegrator that has a nice documentation....

problem is i'm getting "Uncaught Error: Call to a member function simple_select() on null"
whenever I try to push login details from piwigo to mybb... i'm very unfamiliar with datacache
Sadly I have no knowledge on that subject, I've asked questions about a multi-site setup and most of the tuts they refer either no longer work or the documentation is way outdated. In tech, 3+ years is a long time, which means it probably won't work until there is a more modern documentation.
(2018-11-20, 02:55 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly I have no knowledge on that subject, I've asked questions about a multi-site setup and most of the tuts they refer either no longer work or the documentation is way outdated. In tech, 3+ years is a long time, which means it probably won't work until there is a more modern documentation.

Indeed.. T_T... this MyBBIntegrator is outdated and it took me 2 hours just to make login on my other site work..... what's more with other functions...... luckly I only need login/logout Blush
(2018-11-20, 04:59 PM)gungrave41 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-20, 02:55 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly I have no knowledge on that subject, I've asked questions about a multi-site setup and most of the tuts they refer either no longer work or the documentation is way outdated. In tech, 3+ years is a long time, which means it probably won't work until there is a more modern documentation.

Indeed.. T_T... this MyBBIntegrator is outdated and it took me 2 hours just to make login on my other site work..... what's more with other functions...... luckly I only need login/logout Blush

The only thing I can advise or suggest is to bring up the fact that you would like easier third party integration for User management to offer multi-board set ups and third party services. Until enough people agree it is a feature that should be core, they probably won't worry about it.
As someone trying to integrate 4 software packages, I would at least like to see this possible without changing core code.
I agree, core edits are pretty frowned upon, but if it isn't a core feature for easier integration or user management, the powers that be probably are not too worried about it if it can be done but in a very tedious and inconvenient way.

It's like math, if 1+1−1+1−1−1+1+1 = 2 and 1 + 1 = 2, they really won't care how you got 2 as long as you got 2.
Why do i get a 'Uncaught Error: Call to a member function simple_select() on null in class_datacache.php' whenever i try to use this SSO login in a function? It does work fine if I manually call the php itself, but putting the code inside a function produces a null..

Inside a function, this returns null

function bridgeLogin($username,$password,$remember_me){
  $server_root = $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]; 
  require_once $server_root.'/mybb/global.php';
  require_once 'class.MyBBIntegrator.php';
  $MyBBI = new MyBBIntegrator($mybb, $db, $cache, $plugins, $lang, $config);
  $login_status = $MyBBI->login($username,$password,$remember_me);
}

Manually calling the .php file in url, this returns success and logs in the user in mybb
$server_root = $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"];
require_once $server_root.'/mybb/global.php';
require_once 'class.MyBBIntegrator.php';
$MyBBI = new MyBBIntegrator($mybb, $db, $cache, $plugins, $lang, $config);
$username = "administrator";
$password = "11042354";
$remember_me = "yes";
$login_status = $MyBBI->login($username,$password,$remember_me);

I have modified the MyBBI->login function of that class to work with mybb 1.8 So where do you thinks guys i'm doing something wrong?