MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: showvideos and showimages by default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I just noticed that for all registered users in our mybb forum, "showimages" and "showvideos" is set to 0.  

This is odd because guests can see the images in videos in threads but registered users can't!

I would like to change this for registered users so that the "showimages" and "showvideos" in the mybb_users table are set to 1

To be clear, I just successfully used sql to change the properties from 0 to 1 for all existing users, but I would like to have it set to 1 as a default for all future registered users

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks!
Out of curiosity on the default MyBB theme, if you register through it does it still set showimages/showvideos to no?
good question.

we have the registration setup so that all users register through our external site and the user info gets passed to the mybb database. so to asnwer your question I'd have to figure out a way around that "external registration" default.
below SQL queries can be helpful !
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `showimages` `showimages` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1';
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `showvideos` `showvideos` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1';