MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "The Ultimate Tone" Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I invite you to have a look at "The Ultimate Tone" Forum, dedicate to electronic designer Kevin O'Connor's "The Ultimate Tone" book series. The forum contains topics and threads of interest to audio electronic designers.

This is "out of the box" MyBB 1.8 - no theme or template installed. I modified some files to get the colours right, added graphics in the logo area, and changed up the "active" and "no new activity" forum icons.

Plugins:
Google SEO 1.8.3
Country Flag 1.2.1
Advanced Sidebox 3.1.11

Link: http://theultimatetone.com

Cheers!
~Wendy
Canada
Really enjoyed that simplicity and bright tones of the website, have no problems with using it. Big Grin
Ooh! Nice!

As soon as the page loaded, my eyes really felt at home. I love that header image/logo image. Your color scheme is not typical for most MyBB forums that I've encountered over the years. That's one of the reasons why I like it so much, I think - that and the fact that those colors aren't overdone. The mass of white helps to balance the orange and yellow, and those big blocks of black behind the forum categories are the visual icing on this forum cake. It's just a beautiful, visually tactful site.

The only thing that I saw during my short visit to your forum that I wasn't really visually fond of was the greak blocks that look like the one that I am including below:

[attachment=45322]

I just don't remember, offhand, what that area of the forum is called. If you were to darken the border around those gray sections, such as with a thin black border, I really think that would offset that mass of gray quite well, to achieve a better overall visual balance.

There's really not a lot to nitpick on this from, from what my brief visit there revealed. Very well done!
nice forum
I like the theme of the forum it's bright and charming, good job
Excellent! I work in the sound design world and use primarily analog and hybrid equipment extensively, great to see a valued resouce online and easy to navigate. Just registered!
I'm a musician and a bit of an electronics hobbyist. Neat to see a forum that covers grounds for both.

I've made an account. Best of luck with your community!