MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Baidu captcha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Problem: Chinese users cannot solve Google's recaptcha because Google is blocked in China.

Request: Can Baidu captcha be added for Chinese users?
This is more of a suggestion than a bug so I will move to the correct section.

I am not familiar with Baidu so I am going to leave this for one of the developers to chime in.
Yes, apologies.
Unfortunately Chinese people cannot register when recaptcha is enabled.
I think CAPTCHA should be a plugin, but provide two or three official plugins (eg. recaptcha, and baidu). Who knows if Google is blocked in regions other than China.
I too was notified of this problem recently - Mainlanders cannot sign in to my forum because they don't see the google captcha.
For now I just disable captcha and use security questions instead.

Not entirely sure how effective captcha really is as I still get the occassional spammer come in (they look more like bots than real users).
@snakeoilos Indeed I had the same problem and did the same thing. But I'm afraid even if Baidu captcha is implemented only Chinese people can solve it. Oh well.
(2018-11-29, 01:26 PM)MangaD Wrote: [ -> ]@snakeoilos Indeed I had the same problem and did the same thing. But I'm afraid even if Baidu captcha is implemented only Chinese people can solve it. Oh well.

Go to this FORUM and request for a plugin to handle Chinese Captcha.

I am sure that someone out there can assist you.
@Serpius Like, that could be done, but this is a problem that affects everyone who wants Chinese users to join their forum. That is why I initially posted in the bug section. This is a problem.
(2018-11-29, 04:28 PM)MangaD Wrote: [ -> ]@Serpius Like, that could be done, but this is a problem that affects everyone who wants Chinese users to join their forum. That is why I initially posted in the bug section. This is a problem.

Like @Ben stated in post #2 of this thread, this is NOT a bug.

It is a request to add-on a specific function that can be handled by a plugin.

Again, it is NOT a bug. The software itself is working just fine.
(2018-11-29, 04:28 PM)MangaD Wrote: [ -> ]@Serpius Like, that could be done, but this is a problem that affects everyone who wants Chinese users to join their forum. That is why I initially posted in the bug section. This is a problem.
This is a bug to me. Apparently the user when trying to sign up didn't even know there's a captcha. So he kept trying to register, but nothing happened. If captcha failed to load for whatever reason, it will be nice to see an error that alerts the user.

On the other hand, not entirely sure if this check can be implemented in MyBB (prob not?).

I'm almost certain most Chinese who is savvy enough to sign up for forums already have a VPN. <- This is how I was made aware of the issue. Geo politics Angel ..
Pages: 1 2