MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto delete backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a free hosting where host size is really limited,
Ther are great auto backup each day, i can disable it.

But i don't want to disable it, have a daily backup still great, i just want to auto delete backups after X days.

Is there an existing solution ? Or i have to create my own script ?

If i create my own script : how can i add it to existing task file at admin/index.php?module=tools-tasks ?

Thank you
(11-26-2018, 08:29 AM)Firnus Wrote: [ -> ]I have a free hosting where host size is really limited,
Ther are great auto backup each day, i can disable it.

But i don't want to disable it, have a daily backup still great, i just want to auto delete backups after X days.

Is there an existing solution ? Or i have to create my own script ?

If i create my own script : how can i add it to existing task file at admin/index.php?module=tools-tasks ?

Thank you

Force the backups to onto your desktop computer, not on the web hosting server.
(11-26-2018, 09:54 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Force the backups to onto your desktop computer, not on the web hosting server.

There is no option in tools-task and no code for such system in backupdb.php …
(11-27-2018, 01:08 PM)Firnus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2018, 09:54 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Force the backups to onto your desktop computer, not on the web hosting server.

There is no option in tools-task and no code for such system in backupdb.php …

To my knowledge, you have to manually download the backup onto your computer.

Then, you can delete the backup from the AdminCP. That will save server space.

Maybe, a CRON job can automate this, but I'm not certain of this.
You could write a task plugin
(11-27-2018, 04:13 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]You could write a task plugin

Yes, it's what i'm think, since bakup name use backup__YYMMDD_…… format, script are easy, just have to found a way to add it Smile.