MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Been reading for long time and realy need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I am sorry but would like some help on how to upgrade to 1.2 from 1.1.8. I have been reading alot and just dont understand how to upgrade.

Help if you can, if not its all good and thank you for your time.
Hi,

Have you read the article on our Wiki about upgrading? http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading

It covers everything in enough detail but with simple steps.

Is there a specific part we can assist you with?
The biggest thing about upgrading from 1.1.x to 1.2.x is that all your themes and modifications will have to be reinstalled (if you have any). Luckily most of them have been updated, since you've waited awhile to upgrade. My advice would be to make sure you've found any and all of the ones you currently use, so you'll be ready to update your new 1.2 once you have it installed. If you haven't done anything to your 1.1.x board, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just follow the guide that Chris has linked for you, and you should be fine.
Thank you guys so much. I have fixed all the problems by reading other posts and there is all info that I need right here on this forum which is great. But upgrading is the only thing that is giving me hard time but I hope I will get my upgraded. Big Grin

Again I thank you guys for the great forum and the best suport. I just dont want to com back to ask for help on how to upgrade Big Grin

Thank you Chris and judel you are the best.

===================================================

Me again.

Well I just dont have any luck, just dont know how to upgrade [Image: frowntc2.gif]
I gues I will have to love my old version untill I find some 1 to help me upgrade. Thank you for the great forum and suport [Image: cheersdq5.gif]
I can help you if you want. As said above, custom mods, themes, ... will be lost. You'll have to add them back. Just PM me FTP details and details for an admin account.
destroyer Wrote:I can help you if you want. As said above, custom mods, themes, ... will be lost. You'll have to add them back. Just PM me FTP details and details for an admin account.

PM send. Thank you let me know if you need anything alse.
Sorry, but we can't upgrade CreateMyBB forums. I believe CreateMyBB is still planning to upgrade to 1.2.x. Smile
destroyer Wrote:Sorry, but we can't upgrade CreateMyBB forums. I believe CreateMyBB is still planning to upgrade to 1.2.x. Smile

That is a good news if they are. Thank you guys.Smile