MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: zOMG!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*sigh* A lot of people are bad at designing themes for MyBB. Well, I'll do a great one for everyone. I promise to work hard and give you a great release. But, you'll have to deal with the editting of it, as it'll be for my hosting site: http://www.glacierhosting.net

You can watch the progress there. If anyone wants to help, just PM me.

I would've thought people had some awesome themes for MyBB already. Afterall, it is a little bit like IPB.
until you have a fully developed and finished theme for MyBB, i dont think you can really say how good other peoples themes are. Also some people are not as skilled or know code as well as others, so there will always be better and worse themes, thats no reason to criticise other peoples work though.

Expect criticism for your theme from other theme designers now...
Well you can say your good at it no one can as its more or less if the person who made the skin likes it, it is not what other people think well it is but still some people like different out skin to others no one is the same.
The Jackal Wrote:until you have a fully developed and finished theme for MyBB, i dont think you can really say how good other peoples themes are. Also some people are not as skilled or know code as well as others, so there will always be better and worse themes, thats no reason to criticise other peoples work though.

Expect criticism for your theme from other theme designers now...

Am I supposed to be afraid of that comment?

crsoft Wrote:Well you can say your good at it no one can as its more or less if the person who made the skin likes it, it is not what other people think well it is but still some people like different out skin to others no one is the same.

I guess your right about that. But then, doesn't it give me the ability to present my own opinion?
First, It's pretty rude to act like your all high-and-mighty when you even haven't proven yourself worth of such a title in the first place - Second, all high-and-mighty people would usually have at least a degree of good manners and not disrespect other people or their work.
Tikitiki Wrote:First, It's pretty rude to act like your all high-and-mighty when you even haven't proven yourself worth of such a title in the first place - Second, all high-and-mighty people would usually have at least a degree of good manners and not disrespect other people or their work.

Yes indeed, well said. People designing templates and modifications isn't about how good you are, but it's about contributing to the great community.
Kind Regards.
Like Tikitiki said, programming is like sex. One mistake and you'll have to support it for the rest of your life.

THINK ABOUT IT