MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I Can't Edit Users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Description:
When I edit an user, it waits bit longer than usual and returns ERR_CONNECTION_RESET with no changes made. I have 2 separate forums, one is older (archived) and uses 1.8.6. My old forum doesn't have this issue while the new one is. I did also encounter the same problem at January 2018, then downgraded to 1.8.6 when I couldn't fix it.

What I've Done:
I've contacted my hosting provider (it's shared). My PHP version was 5.6.x, they did upgraded it to 7.2.x.

Problematic URL:
/admin/index.php?module=user-users&action=edit&uid=*number*

PHP Settings:
[attachment=41303][attachment=41304][attachment=41305][attachment=41306][attachment=41307]
What browser are you using?
Connection reset is local issue, not related to MyBB.
It can happen for:
1. Improper proxy setup (if you are using proxies make sure your proxy settings are fine)
2. Old an invalid registry entries - try and run registry cleanup utilities.
3. Unstable internet connection - make sure and resolve with your ISP
4. Firewall - try disabling firewall, if you are using
5. IP conflict - Reset your IP address

If this doesn't get resolved some advanced steps can be considered, like
1. Setup MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit).
2. Use VPN to bypass ISP restrictions, if any in place
(2018-12-01, 02:37 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]What browser are you using?

I was using Chrome.

(2018-12-01, 06:10 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Connection reset is local issue, not related to MyBB.
It can happen for:
1. Improper proxy setup (if you are using proxies make sure your proxy settings are fine)
2. Old an invalid registry entries - try and run registry cleanup utilities.
3. Unstable internet connection - make sure and resolve with your ISP
4. Firewall - try disabling firewall, if you are using
5. IP conflict - Reset your IP address

If this doesn't get resolved some advanced steps can be considered, like
1. Setup MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit).
2. Use VPN to bypass ISP restrictions, if any in place

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure which one causes it, but I found out something interesting. I've tested it with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Chrome and Firefox didn't load it, while Edge did. As you said, it might be registry, I will check it. Also, I asked my friend to try it, he also encountered the same issue with Chrome. I will ask to several more people to be sure about it.

[attachment=41308][attachment=41309]
what is the Gzip compression level you have set at Server and Optimization Options Settings ?
try lowering it [can be 4 or 3] ; if it doesn't help then check by disabling it.
(2018-12-01, 12:25 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what is the Gzip compression level you have set at Server and Optimization Options Settings ?
try lowering it [can be 4 or 3] ; if it doesn't help then check by disabling it.

It is default, I didn't touch anything in settings except error logs. So, already disabled.

Btw, I can provide a test account if you want to check it by yourself.