MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A weird error popup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was adding links to my modified MyBulletin theme, then suddenly this parse error popup out of no where.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '{' or '$' in /home/maplehub/public_html/forums/global.php(255) : eval()'d code on line 1
I checked my global.php file and it was about 14KB. The original is 15KB.

Anyone got an solution?
techkid Wrote:Anyone got an solution?

Back up your current global.php file then try uploading a fresh copy of the global.php file and if you still get the same error let us know.

Regards
And what were the links you've tried to add ? Paste that code, maybe there's typo in it.
Check your quotes Wink. You tried to edit global.php?
Nope, i never even edit a single thing in global.php before.
Unless its language or something then different story.

I'll try to upload & overwrite the global.php once i finish moving the forum to another directory.
Hmm, funny, i finished the transferring and when i'm viewing as guest, it doesn't show the errors.
Ok, now the error comes when i login.
The problem is due to a template you've edited - specifically the header_welcomeblock_member template.

Can you paste the contents of that template here?

Chris
Ok.

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" align="center">
<tr>
<td class="trow1" width="90%"><navigation></td>
<td class="trow2" nowrap="nowrap" style="padding:6px">
{$lang->welcome_back}<br />
{$lang->welcome_current_time}<br />
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 170, 300);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<div align="center">
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" style="border-top-width:0px">
<tr align="center">
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php">{$lang-></a></td>
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help">FAQ</a></td>
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></td>
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></td>
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a></td>
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></td>
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a></td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
You're missing part of the language string for the User CP link.

Find:
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php">{$lang-></a></td>

Replace with:
<td class="welcome"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php">{$lang->usercp}</a></td>
I was wondering, if without that $lang->usercp, will it still work correctly?
I tried that and because of that this error came out.

Ok now its getting weirder, My User CP link is gone.
Pages: 1 2