MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum server transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
i have switched my server but i dont know how to transfer my forums to my new server without losing any data...how do i do this?
Also download all your forum files from your old server and upload them to your new one. That way you save any uploads and code modifications you made.
when yyou restore the database where should you put the files on ur new server?
The files for your forum should go where they did on the old server (relative to your Public HTTP folder).
krazygamers Wrote:i have switched my server but i dont know how to transfer my forums to my new server without losing any data...how do i do this?

Just a quick comment: If you're moving from one commercial Web host to another, don't hesitate to ask for their assistance. Some will do all or most of the transferring, reimporting databases and reconfiguring for you.

I know mine did (www.hostican.com) when we moved five busy sites to them several months ago. It's not that I couldn't do it myself (I've done it before), but it was a nice gesture on their part to earn my account.
where do u put the backup file?
If you have PHPMyAdmin, the database backup gets uploaded by using the "Import" feature in PHPMyAdmin, you don't actually upload it to your webservers HTTP directory.
how long should the import thing take?
How big is the database you are importing? My restores take a few seconds, but my databases are tiny.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6