MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best way to put images in threads/posts ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

As in subject, what is the best way ?

Ideally I'd like to :

a) Host images at my site so as not to suddenly loose them when a third party site goes 'dark' .

b) Have them show up in full size in my post/thread.

c) When I copy the post/thread link to another site ( facebook / linked in....) have the images show up automatically at least as a preview if not full size.

d) Have ready access to the images repository so that if I simply want to post only an image to some other site I can easily do that.

All thoughts and experiences much appreciated.

My forum at :

https://lawforall.in/ipforum
1. You can use attachment for images and insert them in post
2. Change the setting of attachment to show them in full size.
ACP > Configuration > Attachments > Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts > Full Size Image
3. You will need to add open graph tag in showthread template but to show the attachment will be a plugin task, probably.
4. Your attachment link should be visible to other sites, just ensure permissions are correct.
(2018-12-04, 04:10 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]1. You can use attachment for images and insert them in post
2. Change the setting of attachment to show them in full size.
ACP > Configuration > Attachments > Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts > Full Size Image
3. You will need to add open graph tag in showthread template but to show the attachment will be a plugin task, probably.
4. Your attachment link should be visible to other sites, just ensure permissions are correct.

Thanks much...re # 3 above, since I am a novice, how do I add  open graph tag in showthread template and what will be the benefit of that ?

Appreciate your reply.