MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Directory not writeable (1814-1819)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, friends

I just updated my forum form 1.8.14 to .19. I did the same thing for my other forum in September. 

This time, I got an error message on mydomain/install

Error
The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:
  • The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
  • The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmodpermissions to allow it to be written to.
  • The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmodpermissions to allow it to be written to.

However, each of these directories is set to 777, exactly the same as my other forum, which had no issues. 
(I used the full package, disabled all plugins, backed up my database, plus set board to closed, before upgrading)

PLEASE HELP; forum is locked up, can't login anywhere.
Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

What should I do? 

Thank you!
Alia

Well, I am an idiot. I had this problem because my forum is at mydomain/FORUM and I was trying to use the installer on mydomain. Once I saw that, I fixed it, all good. 

Nothing to see here, move along  Angel