MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove "Edit" of moderators for posts/threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i remove  the "Edit" power of moderators/admins for posts/threads.... I actually find this over powering and intrusive to users trust of the forum staff if such thing can happen... Though such edit power can remain to superadmin(user1) and ofc users can edit their own post, but staff should not be able to do this. There's the report/inline moderation afterall... how do i do this??
any help is appreciated...
(2018-12-05, 12:47 PM)gungrave41 Wrote: [ -> ]How do i remove  the "Edit" power of moderators/admins for posts/threads.... I actually find this over powering and intrusive to users trust of the forum staff if such thing can happen... Though such edit power can remain to superadmin(user1) and ofc users can edit their own post, but staff should not be able to do this. There's the report/inline moderation afterall... how do i do this??

Go to your AdminCP, then Users & Groups → Groups (on left side menu) → Select the Usergroup you want to modify.

(it's the Super Moderators usergroup that you see for my website in the screenshot)

[Image: 60b0ab22a364feb3cad33e9ef76069f1.png]
(2018-12-05, 12:58 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-05, 12:47 PM)gungrave41 Wrote: [ -> ]How do i remove  the "Edit" power of moderators/admins for posts/threads.... I actually find this over powering and intrusive to users trust of the forum staff if such thing can happen... Though such edit power can remain to superadmin(user1) and ofc users can edit their own post, but staff should not be able to do this. There's the report/inline moderation afterall... how do i do this??

Go to your AdminCP, then Users & Groups → Groups (on left side menu) → Select the Usergroup you want to modify.

(it's the Super Moderators usergroup that you see for my website in the screenshot)

[Image: 60b0ab22a364feb3cad33e9ef76069f1.png]

Unfortunately the modCP tab only manages what moderators can do in their control panel, not what they can do on forum posts/threads themselves

[Image: t1UxQT.jpg]

what i'm trying to do is remove these edit options for moderators..... unless it is their own post ofc...