MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merge bbpress to myBB fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've been trying to merge my bbpress db to mybb, but so far have had no success. Mind you that this is all taking place on a virtual box running Unbuntu 18.04, with a localhost install of mybb.
I noticed with Merge that php 7.2 didn't play well so I am now running php 7.1 .
Merge runs the requirements and passes, then I select the bbpress option at the board selection. By doing so, the next page gives me this warning on top of the page:

Quote:Warning [2] Declaration of BBPRESS_Converter::get_group_id($gids) should be compatible with Converter::get_group_id($gids, $remove = Array) - Line: 0 - File: merge/boards/bbpress.php PHP 7.1.24-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)

Also a table below listing the affected files (?):
File                                                       Line                     Function

/merge/resources/class_error.php          60                       errorHandler->error
/merge/index.php                                  465                    debugErrorHandler->error
/merge/index.php                                  465                      require_once

I can then configure and connect to the database fine.
this does give me the same warning, with a different table, same files as above, but different lines (1019 for the latter 2).
When I then run the users module, a fatal error is displayed below the process bar:

Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in /var/www/mybb/merge/resources/class_converter_module.php:169 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/mybb/merge/resources/modules/users.php(197): Converter_Module->prepare_insert_array(Array, 'users') #1 /var/www/mybb/merge/boards/bbpress/users.php(39): Converter_Module_Users->insert(Array) #2 /var/www/mybb/merge/index.php(946): BBPRESS_Converter_Module_Users->import() #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/mybb/merge/resources/class_converter_module.php on line 169

How can I fix all of this?
see reply here for mb_strlen() related error

not sure about cause of first error ...