MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Caching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.

Brand new to MyBB.

Have noticed one thing, when I log in using my forums administrator or a user log in, I have to refresh the browser to actually reflect the login.

Same with log out.

I've lowered the cache setting on my browsers, and have tried it it FireFox, IE 7, Opera, Netscape, etc.

But everytime, I have had to manually refresh the page to show the change.

Is there a setting within MyBB that I need to look at, or is it my Apache WebHost that I need to look at?

Thanks.
Hi,

Can you try this on say, a friends computer, or another computer you can use? Just tell us if you are having the same problem on the other computer(s).
Does this happen on any other site you visit?

Also, there is a setting in Admin CP --> Settings --> Change --> Server & Optimization Options called "Send No Cache Headers." You can try to enable that and see if that helps.
Hello,

I have had similar problem on my forum, and after reading this post I went to the particular setting group (Server & Optimisation) and turned on standard headers as they were off. This seems to help.

The problem was that when I had private forums visible only to particular group, they would not show-up after logging in. In fact after logging in I would get Login - Register menu, but when clicking Login and the back on my forum name in pathway (bread-crumbs), my login would apply and I could see the private forums.

Hope this helps
jsware Wrote:Hello,

I have had similar problem on my forum, and after reading this post I went to the particular setting group (Server & Optimisation) and turned on standard headers as they were off. This seems to help.

The problem was that when I had private forums visible only to particular group, they would not show-up after logging in. In fact after logging in I would get Login - Register menu, but when clicking Login and the back on my forum name in pathway (bread-crumbs), my login would apply and I could see the private forums.

Hope this helps
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?
at0mik Wrote:Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

As I said, the setting "Send standard headers" resolved the problem.